test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UI needed for non hanger combat pets

eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
With the Elachi Sheshar I can summon in the two Monbosh support craft and obviously the Sheshar assault craft, thats 3 extra combat pets on top of what ever you're launching from the hanger.
It's impossible to keep track of these pets health and status during intense combat. They could be sitting dead in the water for a long time before I realise they're out of action. Other times I can't even find them and recall them on the assumption they're dead somewhere.
With a long 2min cooldown there's a lot of time that can be wasted by these pets by not actually contributing to the fight nor actively counting down to next launch.

I'm sure people flying the Fed Dread with saucer sep have the same issue. We really need a UI element that acts like the hanger bay one does so we can better operate with these pets. It doesn't have to have hanger commands for them (though that would be nice) it's more so we can see distance and health status.

Another thing that would be nice is if when killed the pet simply returns/despawns automatically to kick off the cool down timer for it automatically without you needing to realise it needs to be done.
AFMJGUR.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Or rather than despawning or returning, maybe give them a "repairing" bar like NPCs in some missions (Defiant and Enterprise in Boldly...) that way they are never actually wasted because they never actually die, which given the sort of things that get put in this category of pets it makes sense to implement such a mechanic.

Overall however, I support the idea, it'd be a huge help to the remaining Prommie pilots in the game.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ...add a UI to the saucer of that 'other' cruiser too if it's not too much trouble, being the current flagship of the federation and all...

Was great taking on the mirror universe during the mirror invasion, while the rest of the armor and crew would hang out in the saucer patrolling in and out of range, occasionally firing a beam or tractor to strike fear in them and raise our morale...
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It applies also for the Intrepid shuttle.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why split hairs? ANY SHIP with pets, (Galaxy, MVAM, Pathfinder, etc etc) should have the standard fighter pet UI. End of story.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Or rather than despawning or returning, maybe give them a "repairing" bar like NPCs in some missions (Defiant and Enterprise in Boldly...) that way they are never actually wasted because they never actually die, which given the sort of things that get put in this category of pets it makes sense to implement such a mechanic.

Overall however, I support the idea, it'd be a huge help to the remaining Prommie pilots in the game.

Yeah...I like this and I'd prefer it...flying a Sheshar with both deployment consoles would be so much more UI clutter and this idea is so much better.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Yeah...I like this and I'd prefer it...flying a Sheshar with both deployment consoles would be so much more UI clutter and this idea is so much better.

it's only been asked for since the first ship with non hangar pets (MVAM IIRC)
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine