test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising

saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
O.K. this is becoming farsical now. Since its release I have been unable to access the Delta Quadrent content because I crash on load. I file a support ticket and the best they can come up with is file a bug report. Which I did at the time and after waiting a few weeks, I still cannot access the Delta Quadrent because I crash when loading 'A step between the stars'.

Can anyone help me, please?
Post edited by saladinbob on

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    saladinbob wrote: »
    O.K. this is becoming farsical now. Since its release I have been unable to access the Delta Quadrent content because I crash on load. I file a support ticket and the best they can come up with is file a bug report. Which I did at the time and after waiting a few weeks, I still cannot access the Delta Quadrent because I crash when loading 'A step between the stars'.

Can anyone help me, please?
    Have you tried a force verify? Its in the options in the STO loader. If you have (and still no luck), next check to see if your graphics driver isn't unreasonably out of date. If you're not sure how to do that the operation is simple enough to google.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Have you tried a force verify? Its in the options in the STO loader. If you have (and still no luck), next check to see if your graphics driver isn't unreasonably out of date. If you're not sure how to do that the operation is simple enough to google.

Yes I did. Driver is up to date. It is, in fact, a brand new release but this problem was happening on the previous driver as well. Since Tech support refuses to help me, fobbing me off with "file a bug report" I was hoping the community could help me?
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes I did. Driver is up to date. It is, in fact, a brand new release but this problem was happening on the previous driver as well. Since Tech support refuses to help me, fobbing me off with "file a bug report" I was hoping the community could help me?

I'd try dropping all the graphics options to minimum and then work up from there. Although you may have already tried that?
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    I'd try dropping all the graphics options to minimum and then work up from there. Although you may have already tried that?

Nope, made it worse. It just crashed faster.

By the way I'm using PC not MAC.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You may have a Virus or, something possibly corrupting your files.

You can try force verifying a few times and, see if it helps but, if it doesn't than there is a disagreement between your files and, possibly OS.

It also may not be relevant but, make sure updates and launching is under admin control!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, you're only crashing on 'A Step Between Stars?'

Other then that mission, can you play the game ok? Can you play mission ques and things like that?

It sounds like there is something that loads in that mission that your graphics card (or driver) just can't handle for some reason.

What type of Video Card are you using? Is it onboard or is it an actual graphics card?

Is it a desktop PC or a laptop?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    So, you're only crashing on 'A Step Between Stars?'

Other then that mission, can you play the game ok? Can you play mission ques and things like that?

It sounds like there is something that loads in that mission that your graphics card (or driver) just can't handle for some reason.

What type of Video Card are you using? Is it onboard or is it an actual graphics card?

Is it a desktop PC or a laptop?

Exactly. All other content works perfectly fine. I can even reach the Dyson sphere. The only thing I cannot do is start this mission and so start the Delta Rising content. If there's some way to bypass this mission and start an alternative way, I'd appreciate knowing. I'm using a GTX 650 TI Boost on a Desktop. I don't even get an error message, it's a straight CTD.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I typed the query into google: what would cause my pc to crash when loading a new area of a game?

I got these results:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chgame.htm

http://www.howtogeek.com/174062/how-to-tell-a-hardware-problem-from-a-software-problem/

there were more, of course, but without knowing...actually seeing it happen on your computer...this is the best I could come up with.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Exactly. All other content works perfectly fine. I can even reach the Dyson sphere. The only thing I cannot do is start this mission and so start the Delta Rising content. If there's some way to bypass this mission and start an alternative way, I'd appreciate knowing. I'm using a GTX 650 TI Boost on a Desktop. I don't even get an error message, it's a straight CTD.

Yeah, that's very perplexing.

Normally, if you have a video problem, there will be other issues. Crashes in other games, crashes in other parts of the game, artifacts on the screen, etc. To be able to play the game perfectly except for one part is odd indeed.

Do you have a friend that also plays STO? Maybe you can log in on their computer and play just long enough to finish this one mission? Not the best answer, but I honestly have no idea how you would fix this.

The only other thing I can think of is if you have any other video card lying around, or if you have onboard video, try switching to that just to get through that one mission.

I wish I had some better suggestions for you, but this one is confusing.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    thetanine wrote: »
    I typed the query into google: what would cause my pc to crash when loading a new area of a game?

I got these results:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chgame.htm

http://www.howtogeek.com/174062/how-to-tell-a-hardware-problem-from-a-software-problem/

there were more, of course, but without knowing...actually seeing it happen on your computer...this is the best I could come up with.

Thank you but those are generalisations and don't really help. I've tried googling the specific problem but can't find anything relating to the PC. As someone said, it looks like something in the coding for that specific mission that my PC doesn't like. The unfortunate thing is if tech support took my problem seriously I might have had it fixed by now.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you but those are generalisations and don't really help. I've tried googling the specific problem but can't find anything relating to the PC. As someone said, it looks like something in the coding for that specific mission that my PC doesn't like. The unfortunate thing is if tech support took my problem seriously I might have had it fixed by now.

Could be related to the GPU, as my 650 took a dump recently since DR has had a couple of updates!

Seemed to start off with a driver related problem than actually stopped working correctly after that initial problem.

Now this may or, may not be case related to you but, you know the saying "The sky is the limit."
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    msucbjmsucbj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you aren't seeing any errors, you might check the windows event viewer to see if the problem is reported there.

http://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/

You might also check the STO logs to see if the problem is identified there.

the default folder path is this apparently:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online

If all else fails, I would suggest to completely uninstall the game, Check your hard-disk for errors and then reinstall the game.
  • Options
    lordchous123lordchous123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I probably doing something wrong but when i downloud the game it sents me to an error and say

Device Error Device Hung

Synch Error

um help:(