test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

gonna watch Ascension tonight ?

lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Ten Forward
Just curious if anyone else is looking forward to this ?
Looks good so I'm giving up my night of Gotham to watch, how bout you ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead
giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Post edited by lordmalak1 on

Comments

• Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yup! :) Looks interesting. I'm curious how they will explain how they survived so decadently in space for the past 50 or so years.
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's Monday...it's Monday Night Football.
  • Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No, what is it?
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I look at it and ponder how people in the 50s managed to build a generation ship.... It's the size of a small city.... oh and the actual TV show looks like a soap opera in space from the clips I've seen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Strikes me as uptight and a certain level of artsy smugness, reminding me of the BSG reboot that I despised. Pass.

Don't see why they can't do that kind of sci fi anymore that gets its point across while still allowing itself to just tell an enjoyable story. Babylon 5, Farscape, or the first couple of seasons of Stargate SG1 come to mind. Seems a lost art.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    was intending to watch the formula e race i havent seen yet from last few days. no idea what this ascension thing is but i will do a quick glance tomorrow as its a bit late today 23:45pm from time stamp.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ds9badgerds9badger Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wife works late, so I'm DVRing the whole miniseries, then we'll binge watch it together.

Nice to see "SyFy" doing more science fiction. Hopefully they'll keep it up.

Not that it'll happen, but I'd love to see more SGA/SGU.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Strikes me as uptight and a certain level of artsy smugness, reminding me of the BSG reboot that I despised. Pass.

Don't see why they can't do that kind of sci fi anymore that gets its point across while still allowing itself to just tell an enjoyable story. Babylon 5, Farscape, or the first couple of seasons of Stargate SG1 come to mind. Seems a lost art.
    And it has at least one member of the cast of BSG. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And it has at least one member of the cast of BSG. :D

Yep! Tricia Helfer FTW :o
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Just curious if anyone else is looking forward to this ?
    Looks good so I'm giving up my night of Gotham to watch, how bout you ?

Gotham isn't on tonite...there's some country music award show on
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    DVR and watch them the next day; just can't do 10:00 to 11:30 on a Weekday. Just three episodes (probably testing the waters just like the BSG mini-series before the long series run). :D
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    hmmm well, there was at least one big reveal that drastically changes the nature of the show.... it's not so much about what Ascension IS but what it ISN'T....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ^ Okay, I'll watch it for the curiosity.

I wonder if it's on Hulu ...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    hmmm well, there was at least one big reveal that drastically changes the nature of the show.... it's not so much about what Ascension IS but what it ISN'T....

:O
    Ya, I smelled a rat about 5 minutes into the show, only to be confirmed at the very end. It does however make the show MUCH more interesting than the initial 'generation ship' premise.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow that answers so many questions, but then it makes the recent torture report look small.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ep 2 is in the books, and as expected it was much better than the first one. So, are there any bets that the Ascension program won't implode tonight ?

Whats the body count up to, about 5 ?
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Hehehe..... Implode isn't the word for it..... oooh man, the finale isn't over but the fireworks aleady began!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Whhooo boy.... that ending.... it's not a magic reset button but pretty close. Makes me wonder what will happen next....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Whhooo boy.... that ending.... it's not a magic reset button but pretty close. Makes me wonder what will happen next....

Pretty much a setup for a series launch I'de say. I suspected that little girl was gonna pull a firestarter after seeing ep2, and wasn't disappointed. Of course I wasn't prepared to see the XO go where no man has gone before, or that blonde agent get doublecrossed.

Yup, could be an interesting series if someone picks it up.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited December 2014
    "IF"? it was made by Syfy. It's all a matter of whether it got high enough ratings for them to decide to go for it.... and based on the ads they did to go with it, I figure they already did.

But yeah, the death of the blonde woman greatly surprised me.... also.... what's up with Lorelei? Why were several people seeing a creepy undead version of her?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    "IF"? it was made by Syfy. It's all a matter of whether it got high enough ratings for them to decide to go for it.... and based on the ads they did to go with it, I figure they already did.

But yeah, the death of the blonde woman greatly surprised me.... also.... what's up with Lorelei? Why were several people seeing a creepy undead version of her?

Ya, that was rather odd but the director said something in ep2 about never being that close before made me realize that the girls powers were the ultimate goal of the project from day 1, and either she's borderline psychotic and projecting Lorelei's ghost into other peeps heads or there's a third party involved doing it to them. It was funny- the labs inside man was making an emergency call to the outside and I'm thinking to myself that the crew missed that touchtone phone on the hydroponics lab wall for 51 years.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Hehe... There was actually a big hint about the selective breeding thing in the first ep actually. why does the computer match people? I didn't really think about it and just wrote it off as a way to avoid genetic defects or something, but.... that started in 1950..... most of what we know today wasn't known then. So.... what then?

Actually touchtone phones were not mass implemented until the early 60s. But various companies had started researching the idea as early as 1940. I think the idea is that Ascension used what was bleeding edge tech in the 50s. But yeah, it's not entirely realistic.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing