test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tide of Ice BROKEN (No rewards Wave 10)

crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,804 Arc User
Anyone trying to fix this yet? Wave 10 for defeating the Queen is not giving rewards...check for yourslef but MOSt dont getting same rewards at completion as it was before the last patch.

BY all means move this to the bugs report if already addressed.

Thanks!
DUwNP.gif

Post edited by crusader2007 on

Comments

• Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think they have given up trying to fix it this year as all the items no longer require completing ToI to get them. It only affects the accolade for now.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No one cares now they've unlocked the goodies.

Accolades are so last year. :P
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not everybody has unlocked the items yet. Now, I only attempted this event a few times before the patch, but it bugged on me all but the first time. The first time, since I had never done it before, I didn't know to go back to the castle to defend, so I missed out on any chance. That's on me, of course. After the patch, there hasn't been enough people to do it, so I guess I won't be unlocking anything. Not really a big deal, I don't like the colors of the new jackets, already have a bat'leth I like, and I only have one neglected captain that still uses the Breen set anyways.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tiekosora wrote: »
    After the patch, there hasn't been enough people to do it, so I guess I won't be unlocking anything.

You don't need to do anything to unlock anything except the T6 ship. I fail to see the reason for this comment.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyone trying to fix this yet? Wave 10 for defeating the Queen is not giving rewards...check for yourslef but MOSt dont getting same rewards at completion as it was before the last patch.

Thanks!

They tried, it broke worse, so they unlocked all the items bound to the accolade. If they do plan on fiixing it, it's not likely to be before the end of the winter event.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tiekosora wrote: »
    Not everybody has unlocked the items yet. Now, I only attempted this event a few times before the patch, but it bugged on me all but the first time. The first time, since I had never done it before, I didn't know to go back to the castle to defend, so I missed out on any chance. That's on me, of course. After the patch, there hasn't been enough people to do it, so I guess I won't be unlocking anything. Not really a big deal, I don't like the colors of the new jackets, already have a bat'leth I like, and I only have one neglected captain that still uses the Breen set anyways.

1. You don't need any appreciable amount of people to do this event. I did it with 3 others earlier today.

2. All the store item locks which were bound to the "A Line In The Snow" accolade have been unlocked. You can buy any of it you want.
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    1. You don't need any appreciable amount of people to do this event. I did it with 3 others earlier today.

2. All the store item locks which were bound to the "A Line In The Snow" accolade have been unlocked. You can buy any of it you want.

At the time I typed this, they were not showing as unlocked for me. However, I got disconnected, and when I logged back in to finish purchasing one of the jackets from past years, they were all available.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    its not just wave 10 that gives no rewards, when I played it yesterday I only got rewarded for 3 of the 10 waves and yes wave 10 was one of the waves that I didn't get a reward for.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    I think they have given up trying to fix it this year as all the items no longer require completing ToI to get them. It only affects the accolade for now.

I suspect that you are right on the money here. Too bad that those of us who enjoy "accolade hunting" get left out in the cold (no pun intended).
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Thanks!

I find this odd because i did Tides of Ice this morning on my klingon and got both the accolade and full rewards. I was the only one there though and as such it was quite busy trying to stop the hordes of ice borg.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    They tried, it broke worse, so they unlocked all the items bound to the accolade. If they do plan on fiixing it, it's not likely to be before the end of the winter event.

That is the system's way of telling Cryptic this was a ridiculous move on there part. Even the game is turning on the devs for their TRIBBLE ethics.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am at 9/10 and now the accolade is broken.

They can:

1. Fix the accolade.
    2. Take out the accolade completly if fixing it is beyond their capabilities, or fixing it may break something else.
    3. Quit hiring from idjitville and fire their TRIBBLE QA department. But I tend to assume that most of the QA are relatives/friends of top dogs running Cryptic.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    notapwefan wrote: »
    I am at 9/10 and now the accolade is broken.

They can:

1. Fix the accolade.
    2. Take out the accolade completly if fixing it is beyond their capabilities, or fixing it may break something else.
    3. Quit hiring from idjitville and fire their TRIBBLE QA department. But I tend to assume that most of the QA are relatives/friends of top dogs running Cryptic.

I'm going to defend the QA department here.

There are only 5 people in Cryptic's QA department. 5. FIVE. Only 5.

It's not their fault, it's Cryptic's fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!