test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, please provide a list of common limitations with the foundry to players.

ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
As the title says. We need a list of issues explained to players so they understand the limitations of the foundry.

Ex. Animals cannot give loot drops.
Authors cannot control loot drops.
Authors cannot control enemy power, etc.

Just some of the things. I feel like this would save many authors from being given lower ratings just because of a lack of information from players.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
Post edited by ashkrik23 on

Comments

• Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Such a list would be endless. There will always be something somewhere that someone considers a limitation: i.e. No chicken dance emote option. Besides, I can think of a ton of better things for devs to spend that much time doing.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Such a list would be endless. There will always be something somewhere that someone considers a limitation: i.e. No chicken dance emote option. Besides, I can think of a ton of better things for devs to spend that much time doing.

Sutherland's Elachi Demands? ;)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also, even if there were a standard disclaimer attached to each Foundry mission describing author limitations, that doesn't mean that players will actually read it - or that they won't ding your missions for that stuff anyway, thinking you're just using the limitations as an excuse for being lazy as an author.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Besides, I can think of a ton of better things for devs to spend that much time doing.

This.
    Exactly what he said.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just want the Ferengi to be usable.. I want to write a reverse christmas carol with a ferengi that spent too long in the sombrero galaxy and came back all too giving..
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can't say I'm surprised by the comments.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Can't say I'm surprised by the comments.

Ashkrik, I get why you want the list. It always sucks to get bad reviews due to ignorance. But having this list wouldn't stop these kinds of reviews. But the problem isn't the knowledge of these players, but the mindset. These kinds of people will always look for an easy excuse to put down your work.

I'm mean seriously, a reviewer that's basing a review on loot drops was never going to give you a solid review based on the merits of your story.