test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Massive Rains in Frisco and Surrounding areas - Server?

2»

Comments

• Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The storm is pretty big out here. There are power and internet issues all over the Bay Area. People here in the Bay even got Emergency Broadcast messages sent out to our phones this morning.

We're currently doing a server restart to fix the login issues. The downtime will be a bit longer. We'll send out updates when we can.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The storm is pretty big out here. There are power and internet issues all over the Bay Area. People here in the Bay even got Emergency Broadcast messages sent out to our phones this morning.

We're currently doing a server restart to fix the login issues. The downtime will be a bit longer. We'll send out updates when we can.

So it WAS the cleaning lady...
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Ewww, be careful. Hope some of you have the option to work remotely.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The Servers are in Boston, but the offices that send the Patch to the Servers are in the Bay area. If Cryptic has power or internet interruptions it causes issues with the data sent to Boston - and thus you get a faulty Patch.

Well, they should not have pissed off god then should they?!? :D
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We're currently doing a server restart to fix the login issues.
    Thank you for that clarification.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I really am disappointed in this response from Cryptic. If they had sacrificed just a few more programmers to the gods, this storm probably would never have occurred.

Just another instanced of this company being irresponsible.
  • Options
    karriqkarriq Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014

:D Rly? Some rain and wind and servers gone offline? omg...:D
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    karriq wrote: »
    :D Rly? Some rain and wind and servers gone offline? omg...:D

The rain has nothing to do with the server issues...just with our current work environment. :cool:
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The rain has nothing to do with the server issues...just with our current work environment. :cool:

Here that, everybody? Folks need to buy enough R&D packs so they can buy windows and a roof! ;)
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here that, everybody? Folks need to buy enough R&D packs so they can buy windows and a roof!
    Nah,

Just a smoking shelter :D
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Do you not have power backup systems for your servers? Every company I have worked for has contingencies In place for these situations including generators on their data centers. This includes some bay area companies. Lets at least take responsibility for your connectivity problems instead of blaming weather. The servers were having stability issues prior to today. Your PWE offices seem to be hit or miss with whether they can even do their jobs on any normal day.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    Nah,

Just a smoking shelter :D

E-cigs...developed for inclement weather.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here that, everybody? Folks need to buy enough R&D packs so they can buy windows and a roof! ;)

lmao :D... for reread check the book of virus :)... btw adamanteus: thx for holding the line ;)... ... ...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    Do you not have power backup systems for your servers? Every company I have worked for has contingencies In place for these situations including generators on their data centers. This includes some bay area companies. Lets at least take responsibility for your connectivity problems instead of blaming weather. The servers were having stability issues prior to today. Your PWE offices seem to be hit or miss with whether they can even do their jobs on any normal day.

The server issues have nothing to do with the weather, power, or internet problems. :)
  • Options
    alonysalonys Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    E-cigs...developed for inclement weather.

I'd rather invest in a decent umbrella. ;)
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Kinda like this thread actual responses from PWE reps on it, even if it is just slapping the ignoramus' down.
  • Options
    drakeforddrakeford Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey all. All we are doing is assuming the issues that are going on. This will lead to misinformation based on our theories and hearsay.

BUT CRYPTIC !!! what else is going to happen without YOU talking to your Player base (you know..... the ones that pay your wages)

There is a saying "no news is good news" I don't like it.

I prefer to be "put in the picture" so I know what to expect

By the way great job on the new Breen carrier and its elite pets

Shakti
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The server issues have nothing to do with the weather, power, or internet problems. :)

Appreciate the not passing the buck here. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    karriq wrote: »
    Storm can interrupt internet connection? Don't make me laugh... I live in Russia. And storms\snow\blizzard\meteor storm\Apocalypse - never interrupting any connection :P

In mother Russia, the internet interrupts the apocalypse.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Personally I have downloaded the internet for any such eventuality.
  • Options
    vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Thank you for the clarification, my apologizes for implying but i was just trying to suggest another possibility.
  • Options
    cervantxcervantx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

We know its not the wheater or some other external source of problems, after all, a big storm in a patch day its a once in life chance but you guys had troubles with extended manteinances for years...its pretty obvious where the problem is.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/7dY4yCA.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    GG Cryptic.

dnirg eht nioj
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Did the Hamster drown?
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like Holodeck is coming back up, do you want to try and get in now?

"The Holodeck Shard is now coming back online. Thank you for your patience everyone!"
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/543145185811496960
  • Options
    presbytier7presbytier7 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    Hey all,

If you are not aware already, there is massive rain fall in the Frisco region and surrounding areas and as a result i have heard on the radio that power is out in areas throughout that region. So, this could be why the servers are down but FB, Twitter to Google are all still up but they also have large backup units and can bounce those issues off of other locations i am sure.

It is theory, so who knows. If we had a community manager to let us know what is going on that would be awesome.

Look just about every data center worth its two shakes uses back up generators for any type of power outage; I seriously highly doubt that is the reason for the delay.
    "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson