test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Choice That's Been Bugging Me

terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
I'm a fan of the kit redo that happened a while back, you know, the one that let us completely customize our kits with modules. One thing I really like about it is that Cryptic can add in new modules like the ones given in the Winter Event and reputation system rather easily. One thing has always bugged me about this system however, and that is that if the kit modules are both career specific AND character bound, then why give every character access to all three careers' kit modules? A science officer can only use endothermic induction field, so why give them the option to buy cryo bomb and cryo grenade as well, rather than just lumping them together as "career-specific kit module pack" or something?

This isn't a knock against the system at all, just something that has me scratching my head.
Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    truth? The same reason why Feds can buy the singularity core.... Cryptic didn't bother to limit that. They stuck the stuff in the store and let players buy whatever they wanted. (After completing Tide of Ice and collecting stuff of course)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Player spends time in game grinding ---> Buys the right thing.

Player spends time in game grinding ---> Buys the wrong thing ---> grinds again ---> Buys the right thing. Net result: Twice as much time spent in game.

It's all about the "More time spent in game, more money spent" logical fallacy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!