test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All I want for Christmas is a T6 Federation Dreadnought!

2»

Comments

• Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd like a T6 warship Voyager, would go with the delta rising theme, would quiet a lot of folks who post on here, kill 2 birds with one stone!
  • Options
    papesh1papesh1 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love how everyone is up in arms about this whole dreadnought business.

When the Galaxy Class was the Flagship it was similiar in size or larger than most vessels it encountered with exceptions like the Borg and Romulan Warbird.

I know we have the Odyssey(which I have). It just seems like the crusiers in the game are underpowered. I know they are not a Defiant, but the crusier has been the mainstay of the fleet. What it lacks in manuverability should be hull and firepower...like the Enterprise-D.

The word Dreadnought wasn't implying anything specific. I just think it is time we get a crusier that can be the pride of the Federation. The Odyssey or the Guardian...close, but not close enough.

I am not interested in any of the Federation vessels that were launched with Delta Rising. The Intel Ships don't appeal to me. I think they went too far from canon on the design.
    The Guardian isn't enough for me to make me spend my real money on it.

For the Klingon faction, I hope you get something worthy of a Klingon Warrior!
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally...

My thinking was that they ought to do like the T6 Pathfinder. Make a T6 ship that's an upgrade of a T5 ship, but with all the prior customization options available to it.

For example...

Cryptic could introduce for us the Tier 6 Typhoon-class dreadnought... but that ship would actually be a T6 upgrade of the Odyssey-class. Benefits include:

1) Get the Odyssey-class on par with Tier 6 ships, keeping this STO-iconic ship relevant;
    2) Get a Typhoon-class inspired model into the game, fulfilling long-standing player request;
    3) Finally get a "costume variant" for the Odyssey-class.

People liking the Odyssey-class can just stick to the former look and still benefit from the greater BOff seating and Tier 5 Mastery; whereas the others that'd want a squatter body and twin-nacelles-per-pylon would also be happy - or mix and match pieces.
  • Options
    bravecatherinebravecatherine Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cryptic and Federations players of 2014 take this quote to heart.”

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."”