test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

tier 6 elachi sheshar dreadnought cruiser

jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Federation Discussion
Since Cryptic is going to release this beast I would like to see the Fleet Guardian get both saucer separation AND a hanger bay.

What say you?
Post edited by jamesdax on

Comments

• Options
    andykirkhamandykirkham Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is outrageously OP! It's a great ship if you like Elachi vessels and I think the mechanics make it the best ship in game... therein being the problem!!!!! If you want to be a carrier: Breen T6. If you want to be a cruiser with any competitiveness: Elachi T6. This is ridiculous. Great ship, but where is the Klingon and Federation, for that matter even Roman T6 Dread? T6 Guardian is interesting but its too "multi-support" to actually be effective at anything (and yes including tanking) and the same can be said for the kling/rom non-intel T6 ships. I guess I'm just really frustrated that there's this great looking build possibility with the Sheshar but you can't be a true Fed/Kling/Rom officer to use it. Instead you fly around in liberated alien tech :( Let's see both Dreads AND Carriers with LtCom Intel seats for those things players refer to as Factions.

(Seriously though I love this game. Will never leave :D)
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is this now an Elachi Dreadnought thread or a Guardian Cruiser thread?
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is outrageously OP! *etc*

Uhhhhh its basically a 5U Scimitar that trades a tac console and the various Rom stuff for some comm commands, a better shield modifier, and given the layout one maybe two actual intel power slots. Certainly its going to be stupidly powerful, but no better than half a dozen other ships the game already has. Its massively overkill but the power creep has gotten so nuts over the last year that this thing isn't going to be any more excessive than whats already here.

Or do you really think its going to be any nastier than the Scimitar, Eclipse, Recluse, Jem'Dread, Narcine... ?
  • Options
    andykirkhamandykirkham Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    With hangar bay, antimatter/matter warp core, 5:3 weapons config, cruiser commands, 4 tac slots, LtCom tac and Intel slots, you bet I really think it's more powerful. Far stronger than any t5-u or t6 ship. And it has power bonuses on top of this (like most ships but in additon to all the other boosts). And the starship traits/dread traits make it even better. Like I said I love it, but I want a Starfleet and KDF version.
  • Options
    jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    With hangar bay, antimatter/matter warp core, 5:3 weapons config, cruiser commands, 4 tac slots, LtCom tac and Intel slots, you bet I really think it's more powerful. Far stronger than any t5-u or t6 ship. And it has power bonuses on top of this (like most ships but in additon to all the other boosts). And the starship traits/dread traits make it even better. Like I said I love it, but I want a Starfleet and KDF version.

Which is why I want to see the Fleet Guardian with this kind of set up. Or perhaps a T6 Avenger. I'm frankly sick of seeing all these alien ships being captained by Federation Officers. How about giving us a mercenary, rebel and or pirate faction. Then all these alien ships would make sense.
  • Options
    gwassalorgwassalor Member Posts: 164
    edited December 2014
    Yep, crazy OP at first look, because it basically seems superior in every single parameter, I can't see any weakness. PW must be desperate first to give out best carrier in game (to date) for free and then release this monstrosity ... getting to the end of the list - and it has frigates, heck, sure.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I remember that befor DR was actually out but the ops pack already purchasable some people warned about it being a waste of money since cryptic will pull off the same bull**** as with the legacy pack.
    First they released a pack with a lot of ships and after a while the put a a single ship that vastly overshadows pretty much every ship from the pack.

Didn't believe this would happen again bit now we have what is essentially a T6 scimi with intel capabilities locked behind a dumb gamble that's even worse than the rip off box lottery.

Great, isn't it? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yea, this ship makes me wonder when we are going to get a bunch of T6 hero chips, the galaxy, vesta, vorcha, defiant, scimitar and dederex classes will get upgraded to be compeditive with this monster and cost a fair amount too
  • Options
    huntorhuntor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Another thread of;

"This is OP!!!" "Nerf it" "bla bla bla"

hhhhuuuummm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crazymike117crazymike117 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am already grinding for the breen carrier but i was worried about not being able to get that due to my weird work schedule so i wanted a back up. A friend of mine has the Xindi Aquatic carrier it deals pretty good dps. I was also wanting the Elachi dread but I am broke just like everyone else I just bought 4 of the R&D packs noting but if it goes to the lobi store i can grind the lobi for it. Thanks for the comments yall.