test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Opinions on the Breen Sarr Theln pets?

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
Hello all.

What is the general consensus on the two Sarr Theln pets, being the Bleth Chaos fighters and the Plesh Brek frigates?

At face value the Plesh Breks would hit harder but the Bleth Chaos fighters would survive longer.

Can anyone confirm or correct this? If you've used them, what are your opinions and recommendations?
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello all.

What is the general consensus on the two Sarr Theln pets, being the Bleth Chaos fighters and the Plesh Brek frigates?

At face value the Plesh Breks would hit harder but the Bleth Chaos fighters would survive longer.

Can anyone confirm or correct this? If you've used them, what are your opinions and recommendations?

Umm I don't know why you think the fighters would survive longers? Fighters are so easily destroyed...unless the ETL is permanent which I don't see why they would they will easily die some after it wears off.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The elite plesh break frigates are one of if not the best frigate into the game. I mean just damn! They may not get much use out of the flanking but its noticeable what makes em great is the ability to fire the energy dissipator.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To be honest, aren't Elite_Delta_Flyers a lot more useful?

The breen pets are all armed with cannons while the DF has a beam array.
    True, the breen pets have evade target lock but the biggest pet killer are warp core breeches anyway .
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    I went straight for the Frigates, and enjoy them more than any other pets ingame.

1.) They survive. I'm not sure why, but I rarely have to replace them.
    2.) The flank bonuses are evil.
    3.) The breen energy weapons, comping from 4 places is a gas to watch.

Currently I went 'The Full Breen', but ingored the consoles. Using a Mk XI space set having no difficulties in Advanced runs.

I love this ship. I love these pets.
    questerius wrote: »
    To be honest, aren't Elite_Delta_Flyers a lot more useful?

The breen pets are all armed with cannons while the DF has a beam array.
    True, the breen pets have evade target lock but the biggest pet killer are warp core breeches anyway .

Lets compare:

Elite Delta Flyer: 2 hangers x 4 craft (8)

* Phaser Array
    * Transphasic Torpedoes
    * Tachyon Beam III

Elite Plesh Brek Frigates 2 hangers x 2 craft (4)

* Polaron Dual canon
    * Polaron cannon
    * Polaron Turret
    * transphasic Torpedos
    * Tachyon Beam I
    * Cannon Rapid Fire II
    * Torpedo High Yeild II
    * Breen Energy Disspator
    * Raider Flanking

The frigates have more hull, shields etc. The real value IMO is the flanking bonus. I have sat in awe as these 4 ships are doing more damage than my XIV arrays. The challenge is to get into flanking position and launch them for maximum effect. Yes, WCB guts them however I could use the console bonsues from the breen console set to heal and bolster thier shields.... Have not tried it yet.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Plesh Breks are great...Except for their relative size. They are almost as big as the Sarr Theln and turn it into The Ultimate Clown Car.

I think I'm gonna name it that on some toon. :D
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I went straight for the Frigates, and enjoy them more than any other pets ingame.

Currently I went 'The Full Breen', but ingored the consoles. Using a Mk XI space set having no difficulties in Advanced runs.

Lets compare:

* Phaser Array
    * Transphasic Torpedoes
    * Tachyon Beam III

* Polaron Dual canon
    * Polaron cannon
    * Polaron Turret
    * transphasic Torpedos
    * Tachyon Beam I
    * Cannon Rapid Fire II
    * Torpedo High Yeild II
    * Breen Energy Disspator
    * Raider Flanking

The frigates have more hull, shields etc. The real value IMO is the flanking bonus. I have sat in awe as these 4 ships are doing more damage than my XIV arrays. The challenge is to get into flanking position and launch them for maximum effect. Yes, WCB guts them however I could use the console bonsues from the breen console set to heal and bolster thier shields.... Have not tried it yet.

Did you have any problems claiming the Carrier or other Breen Ships at the discounted price?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Umm I don't know why you think the fighters would survive longers? Fighters are so easily destroyed...unless the ETL is permanent which I don't see why they would they will easily die some after it wears off.

I thought they might last longer because of ETL III. That's a pretty powerful ability, although it doesn't rally protect them from TBR, one of the new in abilities at the moment.

Lets compare:

* Phaser Array
    * Transphasic Torpedoes
    * Tachyon Beam III

* Polaron Dual canon
    * Polaron cannon
    * Polaron Turret
    * transphasic Torpedos
    * Tachyon Beam I
    * Cannon Rapid Fire II
    * Torpedo High Yeild II
    * Breen Energy Disspator
    * Raider Flanking

Thank you for your comments. You've helped me make up my mind!!
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    warpangel wrote: »
    Plesh Breks are great...Except for their relative size. They are almost as big as the Sarr Theln and turn it into The Ultimate Clown Car.

Just headcanon them into warping in instead of somehow being deployed from a Hangar of Holding. :D
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    warpangel wrote: »

The Breen somhow reverse engineered Time Lord Technology, the Sarr Thelln is just much bigger on the inside.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    The elite plesh break frigates are one of if not the best frigate into the game. I mean just damn! They may not get much use out of the flanking but its noticeable what makes em great is the ability to fire the energy dissipator.

I heard the Rom drones, JHAS-pet, Mesh weavers just laughing.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I thought they might last longer because of ETL III. That's a pretty powerful ability, although it doesn't rally protect them from TBR, one of the new in abilities at the moment.

Thank you for your comments. You've helped me make up my mind!!

If going by the blog they only get level 2 and the elites get tachyon beam instead of 3...

I've never used the ability so I'm not figuring from experience...I just think with all of the AoE you see everyone doing these days that when the ETL runs out they will just be as squishy as always.

I mean yeah they will probably outlive any other fighter in the game but unless the ETL is almost permanent they will still be extremely squishy while the ability is down.
    edited December 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    I heard the Rom drones, JHAS-pet, Mesh weavers just laughing.

And then the plesh breks retain a calm facade while blasting them out of the sky. At the very least the plesh breks are now up there with them.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,797 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    errab wrote: »
    Did you have any problems claiming the Carrier or other Breen Ships at the discounted price?

Anyone who claimed more than once?
    DUwNP.gif

• nejdinenejdine Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2014

No issues for me. I have it on several toons now that claimed it for 40 pieces of the Q stuff. I have not claimed it more than once for one character though.

Thoughts about the frigates (not used the fighters at all) are that they do their tasks i send them on very well.
    They may not be the best of the frigate ships around, i really do not know as i've been stuck with small/medium fighters up until now.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,797 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nejdine wrote: »
    No issues for me. I have it on several toons now that claimed it for 40 pieces of the Q stuff. I have not claimed it more than once for one character though.

Thoughts about the frigates (not used the fighters at all) are that they do their tasks i send them on very well.
    They may not be the best of the frigate ships around, i really do not know as i've been stuck with small/medium fighters up until now.

Cool! THANKS
    DUwNP.gif

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    errab wrote: »

Nope. I did have the Chel price issue as I bough my chels before the rep system was introduced, but it wasn't an issue as I wanted the chel on a tac who had spare 8x10's. Once that was bought, everything else fell into place without an issue.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Out of curiousity: Are the Frigates tied to use only on the Breen Carrier? ;)
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited December 2014
    Out of curiousity: Are the Frigates tied to use only on the Breen Carrier? ;)

All frigates are tied to a specific carrier. So yes.
  • ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I did no problems
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Where can I find the Elite Frigates? (Returning after a brief hiatus)
    edited December 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Where can I find the Elite Frigates? (Returning after a brief hiatus)

Same place as the other elite pets. T5 starbase.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same place as the other elite pets. T5 starbase.

TY... most appreciated. Still trying to put it all back together in my head.
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Frigates all the way .... the fighters seem like all the others to me, they die if they change direction too fast :P

The only thing I really do not like about the Breen carrier is the side deployment of the pets, it takes forever for them to dock.... It seems even longer than the Xindi carrier to me but otherwise I'm loving it.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wonder how the frigates stack up against Orion Interceptors? I'm thinking of running one hangar of interceptors and one hangar of plesh breks for the best of both worlds so to speak.

I just love the interceptors so much.

Same for yellowstones fed side, running one lot of runabouts one lot of breen frigates.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well I was actually going to drop some real life cash to get dilithium & buy myself these hangar pets.

Unfortunately the bugged discount issue has meant that my wallet will remain closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I find the frigate far too squishy. They die all the time, I feel like I'm using fighters.
    As for the DPS, I have to run several times, but so far, it's pretty low.
    They might be useful in an energy denial build however.

Overall, disappointed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And then the plesh breks retain a calm facade while blasting them out of the sky. At the very least the plesh breks are now up there with them.

With the exception of the mesh weavers and their APB3/2xDBB/FAW3/TetGrid combo, I agree. Those things are just scary.
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I find the frigate far too squishy. They die all the time, I feel like I'm using fighters.
    As for the DPS, I have to run several times, but so far, it's pretty low.
    They might be useful in an energy denial build however.

Overall, disappointed.

I've parsed many runs with them. The Frigates don't die anywhere near as much as fighters. And they Parse 5-7k. Not a big enough jump from fighters like Scorps that always parse 4-5k. but it is better.

As for the Starship trait, I have yet to try it. I dont see it as needed. Usually pets die instantly from a WCB or they don't. And easy enough to launch another. The Frigates are on a 16 sec recharge for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    erei1 wrote: »

Are you using Elites? I went for the Elite Frigate out of the box, and they almost NEVER die. I remember with Scorpions (on my Rom) that the Elites from the rep system had a lot more survivability compared to regular ones.