test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To You Sarr Theln Owners

jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
I have seen a few Sarr Thelns around, what abilities are you slotting in the intel/engineer LT slot?

I was thinking Engineering Team 1 and Ionic Turbulence 1 (in 20ish more days that is). My thought is to hit bad guys with GW2 (my toon is a tac) then Ionic Turbulence 1 while they are all clustered together.

I freely admit to having no experience with intel abilities.
My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
Post edited by jagdhippies on

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't own one yet, but I think that Override Subsystem Safety is a must-have power, I think. Maybe it's less so for Carriers, since they don't have that many energy weapons, but it will also help your science abilities. The only drawback of OSS is that one system will be randomly disabled for 3 seconds or so - you'll barely notice that, and it's 20 seconds after you launched a massive alpha strike (beause if you you don't launch a massive alpha strike together with OSS, you're doing it wrong. ;) ), so many enemies could already be dead.

Ionic Turbulence is a neat power, particularly because of the damage resistance penalty. That will boost your team's damage, your pet damage, your own weapon damage, and your offensive science powers.

Enginerering Team 1 only seems interesting to restore subsystems, the heal isn't that big. Maybe it's more useful with the new trait and pets, that may be something to experiment with.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • jawnathinjawnathin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't have this ship, but I use a Hazari T6 which has a Lt. Commander Sci slot for GW1. It also has the Lt. Intel slot for Ionic Turbulence. So I'm running a very similar combo to what you're posting about.

Like you, I put 2 and 2 together and thought it would be neat to cast both at the same time. GW keeps them 'in' the Ionic Turbulence, then I blast em. IT has a debuff which reduces resistances. With a few ships in a group bundled together from GW plus reduced resistances, I find that once I take one out, the warp core breaches start to chain and finishes up these skirmishes pretty quickly.
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks, I will give both a try.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm currently working on a drain build for it. I'm thinking ionic turbulence for the disable, or possible EMP Probe.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!