test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is rubidium common when it's ultra rare?

rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Duty Officer System and R&D
I have ran out of rubidium and I can't find any more. I get so-called ultra rares in advanced STFs in space, and on the ground, but rubidium absolutely does NOT drop, or one will drop. What's up with that?

Oh well. No more crafting for me for a while.
giphy.gif
Member since December 2009

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Shows as rare for me.
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    'smackshead

Yeah. Rare but ultra rare. I can't examine what I don't have.

So where the hell can you find it reliably?
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I end up with stuff like that from the doff jobs in the dyson sphere I think.
  • Options
    johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rickpaaa wrote: »

On the exchange. :D

Do the doff missions 'Scan trace so and so, particle this and that' in orbit space and sector space. They are widely available, have a short duration and no cooldown and whenever they crit you'll get one rubidium. And they crit a lot, given you have the right doffs.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Spam queues.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    On the exchange. :D

Do the doff missions 'Scan trace so and so, particle this and that' in orbit space and sector space. They are widely available, have a short duration and no cooldown and whenever they crit you'll get one rubidium. And they crit a lot, given you have the right doffs.

Hmmm, lets see. 2-4 hour doff mission for 3 Rubidium. At that rate you should have enough to craft 1 item in about 4-8 hours oh and lets not forget you need 2 of that item in the grand sceme of things. Unless your lucky enough to crit of course. So to make a few items or craft a console it shouldn't take you no longer than..........Eternity!!!!!! Go ahead, bad mouth me. I quit the game a month ago. I just figured I would pop in to see if there was any good news at all on the forums. Guess what, there isn't. Unless you consider a nerf to the dyson battle zones good.
  • Options
    johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    Hmmm, lets see. 2-4 hour doff mission for 3 Rubidium. At that rate you should have enough to craft 1 item in about 4-8 hours oh and lets not forget you need 2 of that item in the grand sceme of things. Unless your lucky enough to crit of course. So to make a few items or craft a console it shouldn't take you no longer than..........Eternity!!!!!! Go ahead, bad mouth me. I quit the game a month ago. I just figured I would pop in to see if there was any good news at all on the forums. Guess what, there isn't. Unless you consider a nerf to the dyson battle zones good.

Why would I badmouth you? I mean, I don't really understand why you chose this thread and my post for your comeback and I find your reply to be a tad hysterical (given the topic of the thread), but whatever floats your boat...
    I'm just trying to be helpful, telling the OP what has proven (for me) to be a pretty reliable and easy way to get Rubidium in pretty large amounts. If you really wanna farm it, you can do 4 of those missions in Sol System e.g., 4 more in Sirius Sector, fly over to Regulus for 4 more and then to Tau Dewa and Dyson Sphere. 20 doff missions, 5 minutes of 'work'. Wait for 3 hours, rinse repeat.
    If you wanna have the Rubidium like RIGHT NOW...well, then there's always the exchange. If you like to plan ahead and gather ressources while you can for later use, then there's plenty of other options in the game. And 2-4 hours is not eternity. It's 2-4 hours. Just sayin'...

And just for clarity's sake: No, I don't particularly like nerfs. And no, I'm not 100% happy with the requirements for crafting and the likes, but jeez, does every thread have to go the DOOOOM-road these days? It's a game, don't take it all too seriously.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I get it almost exclusively from doing space stfs. But its a random drop. I'm actually running low myself. Stopped by the exchange to see about buying some, and I think someone got into the eggnog a little early. They want about 40k per unit. TRIBBLE that noise. Better get ready for a nice long grind fest for an item you may or may not get.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    I get more rubidium is seems from duty officer missions. The Dyson sphere is fairly consistent, and the do also appear randomly in the advanced queue R&D materials rewards packs.

It's a prized material, primarily used in weapon which uses the most upgrades numerically.
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    I get it almost exclusively from doing space stfs. But its a random drop. I'm actually running low myself. Stopped by the exchange to see about buying some, and I think someone got into the eggnog a little early. They want about 40k per unit. TRIBBLE that noise. Better get ready for a nice long grind fest for an item you may or may not get.

Rubidium was between 60k and 120k ever since Delta Rising's release... I gather it may have been even higher before that. 40k is quite reasonable in comparison.

Supply and demand and all that.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sounds like I need to jump back on the exchange and sell my little pile next time I'm online.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    grylak wrote: »
    Sounds like I need to jump back on the exchange and sell my little pile next time I'm online.

If it is down to 40k don't bother, it was at least double that last I checked.
  • Options
    dorlos2dorlos2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey everybody!

I think the drop rate for rubidium was dramatically lowered with the last patch (the lowering R&D material cost one).

The day before the patch I was farming Pheben system for Rubidium. This is what I experienced:

EVERY (yes every!) run, I got rubidium from the 3rd anomaly I scanned. It didn't matter which anomaly I started or ended with. The last one gave me 3 rubidium.
    This way I farmed ~50-60 rubidium in 30-40 minutes.
    Additionally I got Rubidium from STF Boxes regularly. Maybe every 3rd or 4th box contained rubidium.

Now... after the patch... Pheben anomalies didn't give a single Rubidium in 1.5-2 hours of farming (now there's a lot of Tetrazine Gas). I did dozens of STFs a day since last Sunday with 3 different toons and got maybe two boxes which contained Rubidium. Z-Particles are very rare also.

Well.. I don't bother a lot about the low drops because I still have a good stack of Rubidium on my toons but it is really obvious that the drop rate was lowered!

Greetings

Dorlos
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I routinely get it from DO crit assignments and stf reward packs. The rewards often give it 5 at a time.

Its the most useful of the blue quality materials and sells for a lot on the exchange.

Every once in a while, you can sell your excess of other types and buy what you need. It varies but I found 10 mil in crafting mats this week, stuff I do not use much if at all. That would buy like 150 rubidium at today's prices.
  • Options
    desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you are going to be crafting you need to be doing the sci/exploration DOFF missions that reward mats. I've been doing that fairly aggressively since the R&D system went live and I got plenty of rubidium laying around. These missions have been critting often enough for me given that I am not lacking purple doffs with at least one crit success trait.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    'smackshead

Yeah. Rare but ultra rare. I can't examine what I don't have.

I pretty much always get some running fleet alert.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015