test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pie Eating - how much pie meats face

2»

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The magical 14 i have seen mentioned still eludes me to this day. I'll keep trying/eating though.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Be sure to take a screenshot if you hit 14. I haven't been able to eat more than 11 so far.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm usually around 7-10 pies.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i had 13 or 14 last year, can't remember but at LEAST 13

i hit 12 already this year

what I want to do is somehow turn off the glow of the pies so I can see their size, anyone know how to do that?
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Perhaps Q will add bloodwine and fresh gagh next year.

Hopefully.
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    10 usually 12 is my best.
  • mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    11 at the most here, but avarage of 10.
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Managed to hit 14 myself yesterday while gorging my way through my four captains. It's totally a luck of the draw thing to have that many SMALL pies spawn next to each other AND not have any competitors come along to scarf them down before you can get to them.

Mind you, that's managing 14 a grand total of ONCE out of dozens and dozens and dozens of times doing this event.

One other trick I've found for helping your pie count is standing in the right spot to start the event, because you can't interact with any of the pies until you're done "talking" to the Fat Breen (meaning, Close The Window Already!). So what I do is stand in "launch" position by the table (there's a handy confluence of lines on the ice floor) where I won't have to move in order to get an interactive pop-up in my Low Priority Interaction window to eat my first pie. I then open the window with the Fat Breen to start the mission. I move my cursor into the Low Priority Interaction window area (to save time) and then use the Interact key on my keyboard to accept the mission (in my case, the letter [f] instead of letter [e]).

So I stand in the right spot ... [f] to Interact with the Fat Breen, [f] to start the Mission, [f] to accept the Mission, [Esc] to close the window, Left Click on mouse (because cursor is in the right place on screen) to begin eating pie. My captain starts shoveling pie into face a mere 2 seconds into the timer countdown, rather than 7 or 8 seconds into it this way. :cool:

After that, it's just a matter of paying attention to the SIZE of the pies on the table (big pies take longer to eat than small ones). In many cases, the penalty of moving around the table in time lost is more than made up for by the shorter "Eat Time" of shoveling a smaller pie into your face (or facePLATE for those of you wearing helmets).
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    11 for me and that 11th was started just as the timer ran out.
  • highjusticarhighjusticar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got 14 one and 12 several times with a couple of 13s. 10 seems to be the least amount I get.

Two tricks I have learned.

Wait until no one else is doing it.

If a small pie appears across the table from you, jump on the table, run to it and click on it. You will move into prime eating position.

Don't try this at home!
  • benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got a good 12 pie down. Its a lot easier when there are less people.
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • cervantxcervantx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hehe, First cryptic TRIBBLE the player base with DR...then gives creampies for a month, clever.:D
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/7dY4yCA.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    GG Cryptic.

dnirg eht nioj
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Pie Eating - how much pie meats face
    Pie: The other white meat.

:D
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime