test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The thin red line or Catmandon't

rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Look at STO's proud and honor kitties. (Not the cats you got from the lobi store, the other ones.)

Now look at this chart.

Looking at this I Caitans are on walking a narrow path between more furry and very furry. A thin red line so to speak.

On one side of this line this plays.

And on the other side this is playing.

There are players that think Caitans should get off the line. Which side? Depends on who you ask. Some want the Neko-Apocalypse while others want to recreate the cast of Thundercats.

I say this.

Let me build my army of Orion slave catboys and let the other side run on all fours or what ever they want to do.

Don't worry Starfleet. Thanks to awesome science and a lot of booze there will be trill catgirls.

This is Rose Tyler saying "Touches of the fluffiest tail for all"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Surely Caitians are enough to satisfy any furry fan?

I mean they are basically lions with human proportions standing on two legs. Although I did hear earlier that Cryptic mucked up their feet a bit, but hopefully they fixed it.

I ask; Since Caitians are so furry, how can a Caitian get any more furry and remain a humanoid? :D

I would never trust a pure cat to pilot a starship btw, but meh I can let it slide with Caitians. At least they have fingers. :P
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I say leave them alone. Toss them some new hair meshes and call it a day.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As has been discussed in previous threads, the only foundation for consulting a chart, like the OP suggests, might be the not-formally-identified felinoids we saw during the Into Darkness film. Content that isn't available to Cryptic Studios through licensing. If this situation were different, more generic felinoids - in addition to the Caitian species - might be appropriate for our game. That just isn't case.
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I say leave them alone. Toss them some new hair meshes and call it a day.

This is all most Caitian player's - who I'm personally familiar with - really want. Better hair tech for the entire STO game. So Caitian fans might display the mane we long for.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We need cat ears & tails for custom aliens. That is all.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    (...)

I mean they are basically lions with human proportions standing on two legs. Although I did hear earlier that Cryptic mucked up their feet a bit, but hopefully they fixed it.
    (...)

Yes, Caitians and Kzinti (Ferasans in STO) are supposed to have actual "beast legs" (or digitigrade) and they need the actual human hair options available since Star Trek the animated series, where both originate from, showed them to look like this. Cryptic however took the easy road and basically glued a tail and a feline head to a regular human body so there wouldn't be a hassle with customization (shoes and boots, mainly). But in order to stay true to canon they'd need hair and proper legs/paws.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think the only ones to get it right are these guys...

Lyran: Star Trek Starfleet Command I & II

Lyran.jpg

Besides...

dogs.jpg
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is not anime cat girl online.

Caitians are not cat girls.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    This is not anime cat girl online.
    From various screenshots I've seen, this doesn't seem to be completely true.
  • habitshabits Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why does it have to be a thin red line, why can't it be a large blue line.

Just not purple. We have to draw the line somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Exitus Acta Probat
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Think there was a tailor bug a while go, those who didn't make any changes to there Cat Girls kept them when it was fixed.

Yea, it's all those people from the old tailor bug.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Come on! IDIC and all that jazz. And the lawyers want to say something about JJ Trek's catgirls then sit them down and let them watch almost any anime.

And why stop at catgirls. I know people fly around with bridge bunnies. Lets give them a poofy tail.