test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elite Breen Blesh makes Orion Tachyon drones obsolete?

eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
From what I can remember from a long time ago, Orion tachyon drones were made to only allow 4 per hanger instead of the usual 6 for fighters because the drain potential was thought too powerful.

Now I see the new elite breen fighters will have tachy beams too.

Considering tachy drones dont have much offensive capability (been a long while since I looked at them), take 2-3x times longer to respawn, and the fact you'll likely be 1/3 down on pet numbers compared to the Blesh fighters, are Tachyon drones now obsolete compared to the elite Blesh?
AFMJGUR.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    From what I can remember from a long time ago, Orion tachyon drones were made to only allow 4 per hanger instead of the usual 6 for fighters because the drain potential was thought too powerful.

Now I see the new elite breen fighters will have tachy beams too.

Considering tachy drones dont have much offensive capability (been a long while since I looked at them), take 2-3x times longer to respawn, and the fact you'll likely be 1/3 down on pet numbers compared to the Blesh fighters, are Tachyon drones now obsolete compared to the elite Blesh?

Well the breen frigates also get it and they get the Breen Energy dissipator at elite with raider flanking. So I'd rather go with the frigates.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well those too, but frigates are a different class and carrier specific. Just wondering about the fighters specifically vs drones as they can be used by other carriers.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would imagine that something lime that would have some sort of draw back. Less HP, less damage, slower, whatever. If it isn't there now, you can probably bet it will be in the coming weeks. Don't start buying these things up, and then ******** later because it got nerfed. You got fair warning here first.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Afaik they where already obsolete for a long time.
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if what i saw in the livestream is true the bleth chaos fighters are bound only to the Sarr Theln carrier kinda like the Atrox's pets.