test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lower Level Adventure Zones

scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
Howdy everyone.

I would like to suggest something that would give players alternative means of leveling alts. I know we all can see that maintaining alts is no longer an efficient allocation of playing time but, some of us are not min/maxers that must have the best of everything on every character and like our alts. I am suggesting more low level adventure zones. These zones would open up as the player progressed in rank. Perhaps, one ground and space zone per leveling arc.

Here is one suggestion:

The Forge, Vulcan

A ground adventure zone that will open up during the Klingon/Federation War arc after level 10 (So Fed Aligned Romulans can join). The KDf could have access via a contact at the Sirius border.

Now, this is only an idea and I know it may not make perfect sense allowing the KDF on Vulcan during the war. Feel free to add your own ideas.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kettingekettinge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is already an adventure zone, it's called Nimbus.
    But the others sound cool too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It would take a long time for them to do one for every leveling arc. IMO, adventure zones should be end-game. We need end-game content. There is plenty of leveling content.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    kettinge wrote: »
    There is already an adventure zone, it's called Nimbus.
    But the others sound cool too.

Nimbus opens at Commander, I believe but, I get your point.
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    It would take a long time for them to do one for every leveling arc. IMO, adventure zones should be end-game. We need end-game content. There is plenty of leveling content.

Point taken. How about the Vulcan Government opening up any captains that want to brave The Forge at end game?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Point taken. How about the Vulcan Government opening up any captains that want to brave The Forge at end game?

I'd go for that. Even if the focus of whatever season/update its included in is elsewhere flushing out the AQ (where we live and are trying to indirectly defend) could pay off hugely. I'd also recommend that by "captains" you mean captains of all three factions (as an explicit attempt to foster cooperation following the accord. You could design and write the forge adventure zone as an elaborate "team building" exercise.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'd go for that. Even if the focus of whatever season/update its included in is elsewhere flushing out the AQ (where we live and are trying to indirectly defend) could pay off hugely. I'd also recommend that by "captains" you mean captains of all three factions (as an explicit attempt to foster cooperation following the accord. You could design and write the forge adventure zone as an elaborate "team building" exercise.)

Indeed it should be open to all factions. I could even see an adventure zone tied to each of the factions. We already have New Romulus tied to the Romulan faction (open to all). We could have The Forge tied to the Federation and create one tied to the KDF faction. All battle/adventure zones would be open to all factions.