test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Taking the boredom out of Argala grinding

furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
So, what do people do while grinding Argala to help alleviate some of the boredom and tedium?

I usually just listen to music, myself, but I often find myself eventually going through my entire music library multiple times, and depending on how late it is and how tired I am, I can sometimes catch myself falling asleep. Maybe I just need some more music...and maybe something that I can't fall asleep to. :D

I will also watch TV while grinding, if my family has something on while I'm playing. I don't like setting up something to watch myself, though, as I will only go through the effort of watching something if it's something I really want to watch, and if it's something I really want to watch, I'm not gonna want to be distracted by something else, like playing STO.

Back when I was playing Diablo 3, I'd sometimes find youtube videos of stand up comedians and have that playing in the background while I was grinding out rifts. I've start thinking about doing that for when I do Argala, but one of the problems I ran into when I was doing it while playing Diablo 3 is that...well, I laugh rather loud, and that could disturb the rest of the family if they had gone to sleep at that point. :P Unfortunately, when it gets that late, that's when I would most need a laugh to keep me going.

So how about the rest of you?
"There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
Post edited by furiontassadar on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How to not get bored of Argala grinding? Don't grind till the xp is increased :P.

That's my method.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Music or movies usually do it for me while doing any sort of long grinding. Of course the best solution is to avoid grinding in the first place. :P

I usually hop between Argala, The Battlefield, and Ram Izad to switch things up.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Friends on TeamSpeak or Ventrillo are really the difference between enjoying something or hating it in the long-term, IMO. My friends and I can spend an hour grinding Argala and razzing each other and the time just flies by; and that has been the case for several years now. I am certain I have done over 1,000 STFs in the last 4.5 years. I would have given up after 47 if not for all the fun we have just hanging out together.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,319 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't grind argala. Haven't been bored yet.

STF, Voth/undine BZ Foundy, Nukara,l shuttle run for the episodes.. plenty to do.

Argala is one of the most boring places in the game so why grind there of all places.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not grinding Argala takes the boredom out of it.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    isnt that a type of lettuce?
    I do not grind lettuce, it is better to just eat it in its leafy form.
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, what do people do while grinding Argala to help alleviate some of the boredom and tedium?

So how about the rest of you?

Create new sigs and pick on Craptic:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1315941

WHY they BROKE it :mad: :mad: :mad: FIX THIS TRIBBLE PLS.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's a sad fact that Argala is the only place in the game that gives out half way decent EXP.

I try not to do anything with Argala but when I can't find any teams for Advanced STFs, I'll head to Argala to get some EXP.

When running Argala I turn the game volume down and I listen to Full versions of songs that were or are still being used has openings or ending themes to anime shows that I've watched over the years :)

It helps me cope with the mind numming boredom of Argala ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]