test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So the event ship will ba a breen ship?

jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Federation Discussion
Just guessing since they now that they've made the Breen space set a 4 piece set with the addition of the new warp core. Any ideas if it's a new ship or a T6 version of a current ship?
Post edited by jamesdax on

Comments

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I believe they said it was a T6 carrier which means it is an entirely new ship.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It's too bad that Breen ships are so ugly.
  • Options
    thomasp94232thomasp94232 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jamesdax wrote: »
    It's too bad that Breen ships are so ugly.

My thoughts exactly. I didn't even "buy" the Breen ship last year cause I never used the one from the very first winter event.. cause it is ugly. I'm really hoping that the ship this year isn't super ugly cause I would love to have a T6 carrier.

I've been here since beta
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My thoughts exactly. I didn't even "buy" the Breen ship last year cause I never used the one from the very first winter event.. cause it is ugly. I'm really hoping that the ship this year isn't super ugly cause I would love to have a T6 carrier.

For your consideration, this is an NPC Sarr Theln-class.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    For your consideration, this is an NPC Sarr Theln-class.

Not as ugly as some of the others but still looks like half a ship. Why can't cryptic just give us a carrier built buy Star Fleet?? And I don't mean that even uglier Jupiter Class.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Being a T6 ship, it has a starship mastery trait.

Anyone know what it is ?

nvm- found it "reactive repair nanites'
    yawn

Will the plesh brek also be available ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Another ugly alien ship. Another science carrier. How disappointing. But I will get one for the starship trait. Like the idea of being about to hull heal the fighters on my Fleet Ar'Kif Tactical Carrier Warbird.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Being a T6 ship, it has a starship mastery trait.

Anyone know what it is ?

nvm- found it "reactive repair nanites'
    yawn

Will the plesh brek also be available ?

I'm guessing it would, but it's T5 while the new Breen Carrier will be T6. Wonder if it will cost more tokens to buy since it is T6. Hmm.

Anyways, I'd expect the old Breen Ships to be available for buying also. It was the same last year and you could do the Raider and regular Breen Ship.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9008423-q%27s-winter-wonderland-carrier

seems like a good ship to me

it's the first fleet level t6 ship with it having 11 consoles.
  • Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The trait is lacking.. at 1st I was this a great something carrier pilots have wanted a way to mass heal fighters.. then saw the 5km range and was like.. well that's pretty much worthless. The range on that trait needs to be 10km.

Last thing carriers should be doing is sitting at point blank range.. and that means most of the time my fighters will be out of range for heals any how.. sigh.

Then a 4 tac consoles on a 3/3 ship.. that's a tad odd... plus a lt commander tac boff.. its like the ship doesn't know what it wants to be lol.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm guessing it would, but it's T5 while the new Breen Carrier will be T6. Wonder if it will cost more tokens to buy since it is T6. Hmm.

Anyways, I'd expect the old Breen Ships to be available for buying also. It was the same last year and you could do the Raider and regular Breen Ship.

I blew it off last year, but I need the consoles off both of these- tho I could save a fortune by not getting my Kamarag T-5u11 and flying this carrier for a bit since it has the same layout of my fleet cruiser.

hmmm..
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9008423-q%27s-winter-wonderland-carrier

seems like a good ship to me

it's the first fleet level t6 ship with it having 11 consoles.

Third.

First and second are the Benthan assault cruiser and the Hazari destroyer.

Also I'm sad they rebuild the Sarr Theln. The original NPC was looking great, perhaps just needed some polish.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's definitely a good enough ship to do the daily and get a free one.

I actually kind of like the look of it, but I agree with OP, it would be nice if it could be faction specific.

I would rather that they made a Starfleet, KDF, and Romulan Carrier with the exact same stats that you claimed depending on your character. I still have a hard time getting behind the idea of my Starfleet Admiral flying through space in a Breen ship.

I'll sill pick one up of course, just for fun. But I'll still be spending the vast majority of my time in my Guardian and my Phantom.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Third.

First and second are the Benthan assault cruiser and the Hazari destroyer.

Also I'm sad they rebuild the Sarr Theln. The original NPC was looking great, perhaps just needed some polish.

oh I stand corrected :)