test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising is the BEST expansion EVER and players LOVE it

Comments

• rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Being a moderator means that you aren't even allowed to have an opinion?

I think askray is just a smart guy who will not let his reputation be tarnished by saying he agrees or disagrees.

Lets face it, there are many people out here that like DR, and many that hate it, next to team Meh that contains me and many many more.

His opinion would mean driving one of the three camps against him. Which is not the smartest for a loved CM to do.

That, or his opinion differs from sig to sig, and he is not going to discuss each and every single one of them.
  • gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We should alow our moderators the Right To Remain Indifferent to this.

Certainly, so far as I know, they a free to participate it the online community in a manner with as much freedom as you or I.

But they don't possess the luxury of being anything less in the eyes of the Demi-Mods.
    giphy.gif
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Lets face it, there are ... many that hate it.

Nope. Players love it! :P
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Nope. Players love it! :P

Everybody in this thread loves it. But then, there are also people who still have not changed their signature to express their love for this great expansion.....
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If we were to assume that Cryptic's overseers at PWE don't take these as sarcasm, could not these signatures be presented as overwhelming proof positive of Cryptic's own statements?

Yes! We have proven the metrics!

Rejoice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We should alow our moderators the Right To Remain Indifferent to this.

Certainly, so far as I know, they a free to participate it the online community in a manner with as much freedom as you or I.

But they don't possess the luxury of being anything less in the eyes of the Demi-Mods.

True. I can give my opinion on anything I want, and it's my opinion unless stated otherwise. In this case however, I can easily have it backfire into a hate storm either way I go. Not just towards me, but towards cryptic or pwe so it's best for me to just remain neutral on the subject. :P

But also yes, there are quite a few signatures in this thread so it's hard to critique each one alone lol.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    LMAO! The Christopher Pike one at 2:37 is facking hilarious!

"Is Delta Rising the best expansion ever?"
    "Beep."

LOL! :D

The Morn one at the end is the winner!

Thank you. Thank you. :cool:
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    LMAO! The Christopher Pike one at 2:37 is facking hilarious!

"Is Delta Rising the best expansion ever?"
    "Beep."

LOL! :D

:) [/10beeps]
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

That made me LOL. Glad google knows the truth...
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Heh, we need to create an official list of all STO memes and a description of them, who started it, how it got popular, etc. Like for example, this one was started by the guy with the baghdad bob sig (forgot his name) and exploded in popularity when this thread was started to collect the sigs, culminating in a six-part Youtube compilation series of every related image.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Heh, we need to create an official list of all STO memes and a description of them, who started it, how it got popular, etc. Like for example, this one was started by the guy with the baghdad bob sig (forgot his name) and exploded in popularity when this thread was started to collect the sigs, culminating in a six-part Youtube compilation series of every related image.

Funny thing... the variation of the Bob picture only started when one guy opened a thread because he received a warning for using inappropiate pictures.

He concluded that the mods meant his baghdad Bob signature, so people started getting rid of it in favor of... well... you know the rest.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just want to say that I'm glad this turned into "make a cool sig" movement, rather than the more standard and boring "Put this in your sig to support X" movement.

It actually makes this feel like a real community and not just a den of trolls.

<3 everyone in these forums. Even the ones I hate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I had a Dr. Who moment...

(new sig)

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • dmensionhatrossdmensionhatross Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Funny thing... the variation of the Bob picture only started when one guy opened a thread because he received a warning for using inappropiate pictures.

He concluded that the mods meant his baghdad Bob signature, so people started getting rid of it in favor of... well... you know the rest.

Good job on working The Call of Cthulhu into it.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    I think askray is just a smart guy who will not let his reputation be tarnished by saying he agrees or disagrees.

Lets face it, there are many people out here that like DR, and many that hate it, next to team Meh that contains me and many many more.

His opinion would mean driving one of the three camps against him. Which is not the smartest for a loved CM to do.

That, or his opinion differs from sig to sig, and he is not going to discuss each and every single one of them.

Or, he's just beinng professional, like "The opinions and views expressed in this post are solely those of askray, and do not represent that of Cryptic, PWE or its management, shareholders, ..." Etc.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is my contribution for the coming Entersig vid.
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Represent. :cool:
    One of the best! And voporak has a great talent for placing our sigs at the right moment in the vids. This one was perfect at the end. And i just checked, Morn still talks about all of this in Quarks ... :D
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Ok, here's another I just made.

Edit: And I felt another Tuvok one was applicable.
    Very nice Voyager sigs.
    xiaoping88 wrote: »

Yep, thats the story. So in a way, we can also 'thank' a mod for this movement.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if only the main end game was as awesome as Winter Wonderland ... lol :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • brantregarebrantregare Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just because I've not seen a Logan's Run themed one yet

http://i.imgur.com/20ZcTRS.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Post #724 felt guilty and vanished into thin air.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2014
    Ima statistic!
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Keep these memes coming!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
    edited December 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    Ima statistic!

^^ Brilliant! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What i really love is Deus Ex. :)

So time for some Deus Ex fun?

Did you remember the guy from the first Deus Ex: "The vectors, the vectors are all wrong": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLB_P-WsPsY

Maybe he would say: "The metrics, the metrics are all wrong".

Or be creative with Jensens sentence "I never ask for this" from Deus Ex: Human Revolution.;)
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpuRIZzJog
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    awesome work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    More Spaceballs goodness! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fancied something new. It might counter the whole idea here but don't look at me, it's a classic gag.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Okay. Finally on the bandwagon properly now.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nice job, guys :)
This discussion has been closed.