test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make most items Account-bound

tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
I have a large amount of character-bound gear in my main characters that I no longer use. Most of them are non-reputation gear, things I bought from the exchange, for example. Those things had a cost (some quite high), but now they're as good as vendor trash.

If I were able to send those items to my alts, it would be an incentive to play them, by not having to spend more EC on them.

If such suggestion were to be implemented, I'd make every bindable item account-bound, even crafted items (which most are already), EXCEPT:

a) reputation gear;
b) fleet gear;
c) unique mission rewards;
d) other pieces that are explicitly intended to be character-bound (within good reason).

All the above would still be character-bound to respect the premise of single-character advancement.

A note about Lobi items: although most boxes from the Lobi store are not bound, all equipment is (e.g., Ferengi Whip, Jem'Hadar gear, etc). Since Lobi crystals are now account bound, it makes sense to me that such items purchased from the Lobi store, including upgraded gear such as the Jem'Hadar ground and space sets, also become account-bound.

Same goes for all items acquired from Lockboxes. Make them all account bound. Including consoles. (Yes, I want that Plasmonic Leech from my alt that I no longer play because of reasons.)

Thanks for listening.
U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
STO Screenshot Archive

Comments

• Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    I have a large amount of character-bound gear in my main characters that I no longer use. Most of them are non-reputation gear, things I bought from the exchange, for example. Those things had a cost (some quite high), but now they're as good as vendor trash.

If I were able to send those items to my alts, it would be an incentive to play them, by not having to spend more EC on them.

If such suggestion were to be implemented, I'd make every bindable item account-bound, even crafted items (which most are already), EXCEPT:

a) reputation gear;
    b) fleet gear;
    c) unique mission rewards;
    d) other pieces that are explicitly intended to be character-bound (within good reason).

All the above would still be character-bound to respect the premise of single-character advancement.

A note about Lobi items: although most boxes from the Lobi store are not bound, all equipment is (e.g., Ferengi Whip, Jem'Hadar gear, etc). Since Lobi crystals are now account bound, it makes sense to me that such items purchased from the Lobi store, including upgraded gear such as the Jem'Hadar ground and space sets, also become account-bound.

Same goes for all items acquired from Lockboxes. Make them all account bound. Including consoles. (Yes, I want that Plasmonic Leech from my alt that I no longer play because of reasons.)

Thanks for listening.

^ seconded
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Makes sense to me as well.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!