What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Challenge #10 - New Years Eve, 2409 - Discussion & Voting Thread

Comments

• Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am playing "Eve of Resolutions" at the moment. Well to be honest right now I am in the loading screen so I would like to take that chance to say that I am impressed by the mapdesign mr. greendragoon. Very well done. I had no idea that you could create such a beautiful city with the foundry.
    Anyway. I have go back to the sewer. Feeling like a Ninja Turtle now... ;-)

Glad you like it. :D
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey everyone!

I am going to have votes placed here to make things a little easier.

Right now with recent Foundry downtime and issues I am going to extend the voting period until the 19th to give players one more weekend to test out the missions before casting their vote.

Thanks again to everyone who entered and I hope you all enjoy the missions!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So there are only three missions in this challenge - the two Fed and one KDF?

Edit: Never mind, I found the other two.
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Greendragoon's mission made it a very close race, but my vote goes to HippieJohn's "The Chimes At Midnight".
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Greendragoon's mission made it a very close race, but my vote goes to HippieJohn's "The Chimes At Midnight".

I agree. My vote also goes to "The Chimes at Midnight"

But boy, it was a difficult choice to make - which is a good thing! :)
  • Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I cast my vote for:

"Eve of Revolutions", by @greendragoon.

It was close overall between this one and @HippieJohn's, but the awesome maps on @greendragoon's tipped it over for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    logitech007logitech007 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I played all the missions and they are well put together.
    I enjoyed both hippiejohn and greendragoon missions. Great maps, good story. I really enjoyed playing both missions it is so hard to pick which one.

I would have to say my vote goes to: "Eve of Revolutions", by @greendragoon. :(

I would like to thank all the hard work that all authors have done for this contest, i enjoyed all the missions.
    Logitech007
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited January 2015
    I liked Party Crashers (ST-HUY4Y2D5Q) by @Winin best. Nausicaans can be surprisingl tough and I liked the maps and building the arch a lot. :)
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While all were enjoyable my vote goes to "Eve of Revolutions" by @greendragoon. The mission was well crafted with a short but excellent story, believable threat, and wonderfully made maps.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    karczewskikarczewski Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loved the maps on EoR (obviously), but The Chimes At Midnight just about gets my nod. Most enjoyable work from all of ye, though, considering the time restrictions.

The scene fades to a darkened room, where an under-equipped alt sits in a corner, hugging his knees, rocking back and forth and muttering to himself.

"The Andorian tower guards... By all things sacred, those Andorian tower guards..."
    for...um..?
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    how do we vote now? :S in here or pm smirk?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    how do we vote now? :S in here or pm smirk?

The rules say votes are to be placed here.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think I'll vote for Wininoid. Dragoon and Hippie's were nice too though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi. I've played through all the missions and would like to submit my vote. It goes to:

"Eve of Resolutions" by greendragoon.

Thank you creators for giving me some enjoyable moments in STO! I love the Foundry :-)
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    My vote goes to:

Party Crashers by @Winin

Great entries from everyone else, but I think Winin's is the closest to the humorous tone that I would have taken had I done a mission for the contest.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't know... this one was a hard one to vote for.

Some pretty good entries this time but I don't know there is just something about a KDF mission that allows you to approach it as any KDF Race and the different approaches and drinks they have.

As such I am voting for The Chimes At Midnight by HippieJohn
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Been the 20th out there in the California area for about an hour now.

So ... that's it then ?

Do we really have the first ever Foundry Challenge Tie ?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    HippieJohn's "The Chimes At Midnight"..
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Looks like it :)

That works for me!

Now that I have forum access again anyway.

Congrats to everyone who entered, and now it's time for me to get the announcement blog ready :)

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Hey everyone,
    I am going to have to push this announcement back to next week.

I want to make sure and give this the news time it deserves, and with a few other topics dominating the forums and social this week, it will need to be postponed a little longer.

Sorry for the delay!

Congrats again to everyone who submitted. I really enjoyed playing thru these missions and seeing what you did with the story idea :)

I will update the thread when the blog goes live next week.

Plus, make sure you check out the news about the upcoming Foundry Feature for more foundry fun!
    ~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The Blog is up and big congratz to GreenDragoon and HippipeJohn who will each walk away with first place honors and a spotlight mission!

Great work to everyone in the challenge, and to show my appreciation, I will be awarding each of you a prize for your hard work.

Check out the blog here

Thanks again for all your hard work everyone!

As soon as standard post-launch republishing is done, I will be spotlighting both missions at the same time, so one is active on the Fed side and KDF side.

I will be sending out your rewards on Monday via Forum PM, so keep your eyes peeled.

Now who wants another challenge?!?

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited January 2015

~CaptainSmirk

Me me me me me me!!!!

Can we have A KDF and FED spotlight in the future? Depending on the entries and so on?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Me me me me me me!!!!

Can we have A KDF and FED spotlight in the future? Depending on the entries and so on?

I would love to make this happen.

I think it would work very well indeed to spotlight one per faction, per challenge.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Congrats to the Winners! I'm really looking froward to playing these missions!:)

However, to Cryptic, I have to say I'm disappointed, in how the competition was handled. It was great that the players were able to create these great missions in a "tight" deadline, but there should never have been a tight deadline. The first issue I have is that Cryptic should have had enough foresight, to give the STO player base a couple months to make a specific mission for this event. That said, my second complaint, is that if there was a "New Year's Eve" event for 2409, would it not make sense to have it competed, judged, and players awarded the best mission, before the New Year's Eve of 2014?

I was really hoping to have this as a great event, that you could play the new year's eve 2409 foundry mission, on new year's eve 2014, or right after. As it stands, were playing a New Year's eve themed mission, in February, where maybe a valentine (love) themed mission would be more appropriate?

Again, this hinges on Cryptic using "foresight" giving missions out months in advance to the player base, allowing time to judge the content, and then to have it for the STO players before an event, not, as usual, after.

Just saying, this is the difference between an A+ rate company, and a B.;)

cheers,
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Blog is up and big congratz to GreenDragoon and HippipeJohn who will each walk away with first place honors and a spotlight mission!

Great work to everyone in the challenge, and to show my appreciation, I will be awarding each of you a prize for your hard work.

Check out the blog here

Thanks again for all your hard work everyone!

As soon as standard post-launch republishing is done, I will be spotlighting both missions at the same time, so one is active on the Fed side and KDF side.

I will be sending out your rewards on Monday via Forum PM, so keep your eyes peeled.

~CaptainSmirk

How about some normal spotlights for once?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    drbiteydrbitey Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I vote for battle ship royal rumble! remember that awsome mission that never paid out good because its all combat?
  • Options
    amtrak503amtrak503 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    as soon as the post went up the foundry mission tab went down and i have been wanting to try the fed foundry mission that Greendragoon made for this comp, but I can not find it anywhere will it be available for players to enjoy soon.

I am a big fan of the work of Greendragoon and would love to play his award winning foundry mission :-)

-Mike-
    OMG I am still single, and I am a nerd and a trekkie and I chase trains is that wrong?

I am also known as DJ_FreightTrain on eve radio.

proud member of Temporal Integrity Commission (TIC Fleet) in STO.:)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    amtrak503 wrote: »
    as soon as the post went up the foundry mission tab went down and i have been wanting to try the fed foundry mission that Greendragoon made for this comp, but I can not find it anywhere will it be available for players to enjoy soon.

I am a big fan of the work of Greendragoon and would love to play his award winning foundry mission :-)

-Mike-

Thanks! :D The Foundry is currently going through a republish. So far, Eve of Resolutions hasn't been republished. Shouldn't be too much longer though.
  • Options
    amtrak503amtrak503 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey buddy, as i said i am a major fan of your amazing work, I love the midas missions and would love to see whats going to happen with part 3, please keep up the great work. I would like to add you as friend in game what name do I look for to do so?:)
    OMG I am still single, and I am a nerd and a trekkie and I chase trains is that wrong?

I am also known as DJ_FreightTrain on eve radio.

proud member of Temporal Integrity Commission (TIC Fleet) in STO.:)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    amtrak503 wrote: »
    Hey buddy, as i said i am a major fan of your amazing work, I love the midas missions and would love to see whats going to happen with part 3, please keep up the great work. I would like to add you as friend in game what name do I look for to do so?:)

I'm fine with it. My handle is: @greendragoon