test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I love Cryptic....

rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Ten Forward
because the other choices are FAR WORST. Not sure if it is against the rules but head to onrpg.com and look at the giveaway part.

See it?

Try to sign up. If you can do it by the end of this day I will mail you a key. First person only.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You mean Star Trek: Alien Domain where the whole game is just fighting Undine? Sorry, Species 8472. That MMO appears to be far worse than STO can ever be. At least, not all of the missions in STO are combat-oriented.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    that game looks absolutley dreadfull
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I read the title and hoped this was a parody, like those "kill Barney" songs we had way back when.

Sadly, I was mistaken.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know, it might be OK since it's an RTS. The visuals are a bit dated, but that shouldn't affect gameplay. I'll have to reserve judgement until I get to play it, which will probably be after it's released to the general public.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I read the title and hoped this was a parody, like those "kill Barney" songs we had way back when.

Sadly, I was mistaken.

and sadly, I can't unread the thread as well ;)
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Its a browser game so it will run horribly. . .
    JtaDmwW.png
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Looks like a Facebook/mobile style game.

Was able to get a key, signed up, but when I try to enter the beta key it says, "Verify please the confirm email." No email was sent when I signed up, and no link to resend a confirmation email.

If, that is, that's what it's actually asking me to do?
  • warfrogdudewarfrogdude Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    because the other choices are FAR WORST. Not sure if it is against the rules but head to onrpg.com and look at the giveaway part.

See it?

Try to sign up. If you can do it by the end of this day I will mail you a key. First person only.

Ok i did and passed the test.
    edited November 2014
    But it's nice to see Cryptic has some competition, hopefully more soon. Then their have to pull their heads out to get back to work. No more being King of the hill for them anymore. =3

Saying that game is going to be the competition against STO is like saying that STO is competition against WoW. I would say that the closest competition that game will get is BSGO. The current competition STO has is SWTOR with Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous on the way. This game is not even worth a second thought for the devs.

While it is possible for there to be other Star Trek competition, it would have to deal with more than just Fluidic Space. If a MMO came out that was closer to the shows than STO (less Pew Pew more Exploration), then STO should start to sweat. Although, I don't see that MMO happening while STO is currently around.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Saying that game is going to be the competition against STO is like saying that STO is competition against WoW. I would say that the closest competition that game will get is BSGO. The current competition STO has is SWTOR with Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous on the way. This game is not even worth a second thought for the devs.

While it is possible for there to be other Star Trek competition, it would have to deal with more than just Fluidic Space. If a MMO came out that was closer to the shows than STO (less Pew Pew more Exploration), then STO should start to sweat. Although, I don't see that MMO happening while STO is currently around.

True but its a first step for more star trek MMOs
    edited November 2014
    True but its a first step for more star trek MMOs

Or the final straw for no more Star Trek MMOs.

There is one thing that STO has that I doubt Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous will ever have, story driven content. Star Trek is focused around story driven content. Going to Planet A to scan mineral samples was always secondary to some social lesson. While Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous might have better exploration systems than STO's Genesis system, they will likely have the exact same type of missions. Scan 5 pieces of rock and kill 5 groups of enemies gets tedious after a while.

Any STO MMO should have the following as the main tenet of the game: "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before." Alien Domain seriously fails the spirit of Star Trek. Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous fail it as well, but obviously they are not Star Trek so don't need as complex an Exploration system as STO desperately needs.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hevach wrote: »
    Looks like a Facebook/mobile style game.

So it looks like the doff UI?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok i did and passed the test.

Really? So how is the game?