test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't Space queues be like Ground queues?

opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
Ok, I'm probably going to get crucified by the playerbase for saying this, but I actually think Ground queues are infinitely more fun than Space ones now.

It's hard to see sometimes because most people avoid Ground like the plague, but with a little bit of time and investment and switching to the Numpad on my keyboard, I could do Ground Elite with little trouble.

GROUND ELITE.

I literally bought a Shotgun and a good assault rifle plus a kit off the exchange and I could do elite ground missions. All I needed was a team with good communication and planning.

They were extremely hard yes, with windows of button presses and activation times so small and maneuvers were difficult, but none of the Elite Ground queues so far have required me to have "Uber-L33t" gear, nor have they had extreme HP meatsacks that took 15 minutes each to kill.

Right now, for the price of 5-15 minutes you can have a reasonable chance to complete an elite ground queue, and get a good reward.

Literally none of the Space queues are like this. Ground is fun and concise, Space is punishing, boring and Mind-Numbing. It's so much easier to fail in a Space STF versus a Ground STF it's not even funny.

Add that onto the fact that even when I fail a Ground STF, I want to come back and try again because there is no arbitrary gear barrier for Ground like there is for Space.

Literally any team with good coordination and skill, no matter their builds or gear, could have a reasonable chance to beat a ground Elite STF just fine.

I don't understand why Space PVE queues can't be like that?
Post edited by opo98 on

Comments

• Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ya know, I did try to run one of the ground missions (bug hunt, actually). And I gotta say, if not for the fact that my computer ran at about 4 fps, I probably still would have hated it. Its just stupid. The auto aim is just lazy, and the manual aim sucks. The whole root/slow system is absurd, and rolling and just.ping is there purely for cosmetic purposes. It doesn't actually do anything. Even if it did, it takes forever to respond when activated, and by the time it does, you've already been hit with whatever you were trying to avoid. The cover system is pretty much non-existant. If I pop up to take a shot, and duck back behind cover, my target can still fire the charged shot it was activating and hit me after I've ducked back down. Personal shields are useless, and somehow sniper rifles are the worst weapon you can use, next to high density rifles, which seem to do even less damage than snipers, even though the stats say they do more. And it takes way too long to activate most abilities. Fabricating turrets and other objects is basically just putting yourself in a shooting gallery, and abilities get jammed up so that they don't activate when you need them. Is there anything I missed?
  • Options
    daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well i`ts about $$$
    1. there no Standart t6 ships (free ship)like the old ones so you need to get this first for the elite
    2. the intelligent boff you do get 1 free but the others you need $$$
    3. you need the gear upgrade and on the ground you have 3 ore 4 items to upgrade in space are 12 whit out the consoles so
    4. aaa and they get the numbers wrong for the enemy ships on advanced whit mk14 gears is hard there. Meaning is DPS race (sucks) and not all ships are made for optimal DPS like the Scimitar + Romulan.:mad:
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Ya know, I did try to run one of the ground missions (bug hunt, actually). And I gotta say, if not for the fact that my computer ran at about 4 fps, I probably still would have hated it. Its just stupid. The auto aim is just lazy, and the manual aim sucks. The whole root/slow system is absurd, and rolling and just.ping is there purely for cosmetic purposes. It doesn't actually do anything. Even if it did, it takes forever to respond when activated, and by the time it does, you've already been hit with whatever you were trying to avoid. The cover system is pretty much non-existant. If I pop up to take a shot, and duck back behind cover, my target can still fire the charged shot it was activating and hit me after I've ducked back down. Personal shields are useless, and somehow sniper rifles are the worst weapon you can use, next to high density rifles, which seem to do even less damage than snipers, even though the stats say they do more. And it takes way too long to activate most abilities. Fabricating turrets and other objects is basically just putting yourself in a shooting gallery, and abilities get jammed up so that they don't activate when you need them. Is there anything I missed?

Well yeah, the mechanics of ground are really dumb and frustrating to deal with, but that isn't the point.

The point is that broken ground system that you claim is terrible is actually more fun for me to partake in the queues than playing in my ship.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ran Bug Hunt a few times today, with different classes. Got KOed once or twice, but not often enough to be an issue really. If I'd done the mission before today, it'd have been even easier. One of my deaths was due to falling into a crevasse of doom, if I'd been there before I'd have known where the crevasse was and not to step there. The others were due to poorly timed buffs. Don't activate Automated Adrenal Hypo before combat, it'll usually wear off before you need it... etc.

Personally, I love ground.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    I literally bought a Shotgun and a good assault rifle plus a kit off the exchange and I could do elite ground missions. All I needed was a team with good communication and planning.

The time-reward-factor is indeed better on ground, but what you wrote (Quote) is also possible in space.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    and abilities get jammed up so that they don't activate when you need them. Is there anything I missed?

Yes, that always happen to me when I try to pop an hypospray BUT … and that's my biggest issue, also with the adrenal release button : it looks like a little bugged … it doesn't activate as soon as you click like other abilities and sometimes it doesn't and it gets jammed and you have to click again.… anyone else had this problem?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pendulum swing? Since season 7 got rid of the unique STF drops, ground was the pariah everyone avoided in favor of grinding ISE.

Then again, space isn't THAT much harder post-DR. It's not about the gold mk14's anymore than it was about the purple mk12's before, its what you do with it that counts. That's where the problem for the average player has always been, the game doesn't teach you to set up a ship effectively.

And it was always a DPS race.

Anyway, its nice people start playing ground again.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I love ground these days, I've been playing it more lately with my fleet.

But there are some resonable space stf adv queues.

Crystalline Catastrophe Adv, is quite easy and gives good rewards.
    Conduit Adv - Seems a bit weasier lately, just make sure to Crowd Control those spheres.
    The Cure Adv - Is not bad either, but you need a half decent team.

I usually run those 3 space queues, mixing in BugHunt Elite, Rh'hiho Station, Infiltration.

I WISH MINE TRAP COULD BE PLAYED WITH 5 PLAYERS THO !!! I MISS MINE TRAP !!!
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1. Minetrap is organised a bit often on weekends. It's a little bugged though, since it dumps everyone in the middle rather than their assigned spots.

2. Yes, the cover system sucks.

3. Ground is fun, challenging and requires coordination for specific maps or it's fail.

4. I wish kits could be upgraded :(
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1. Minetrap is organised a bit often on weekends. It's a little bugged though, since it dumps everyone in the middle rather than their assigned spots.

Oh, I'll have to keep my eyes open for that.

A lot of my fleetmates feel the same, they miss playing Mine Trap.

I thought it would be cool if they made a mini Mine Trap, of 5 player, your team would be assigned 1 zone to protect.

I just find it impossible to get a Mine Trap Queue to pop, but if they had a 5-man version, it would get a lot of play i feel. And I miss playing it, was my favorite ground mission :(

Or maybe have an event just for Mine Trap, like what they do with mirror universe.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Oh, I'll have to keep my eyes open for that.

A lot of my fleetmates feel the same, they miss playing Mine Trap.

I thought it would be cool if they made a mini Mine Trap, of 5 player, your team would be assigned 1 zone to protect.

I just find it impossible to get a Mine Trap Queue to pop, but if they had a 5-man version, it would get a lot of play i feel. And I miss playing it, was my favorite ground mission :(

Or maybe have an event just for Mine Trap, like what they do with mirror universe.

keep an eye on the stf channels
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, that always happen to me when I try to pop an hypospray BUT … and that's my biggest issue, also with the adrenal release button : it looks like a little bugged … it doesn't activate as soon as you click like other abilities and sometimes it doesn't and it gets jammed and you have to click again.… anyone else had this problem?
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with weapon firing cycles. IE, you can't use skills while shooting. that's quite different from space, but so is everything else about ground.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    there is a 1 second delay between applying it and it kicking in... in the middle of action, the lag can delay it a little bit, and if you're shooting, you must complete the shooting cycle
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What's space? Seriously, for most people being in a Star Trek game means spinning a ship around firing phasers. For me it's running around with a phaser in hand. Pvp or pve, ground is fun and has kept me here for 4 years. 🙀. Delta grinding has turned me off quite a bit though. Vpvp ftw.