test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any Galor Like Fed Crusiers?

powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 11 Arc User
I have an engineering captain in a Galor cruiser. It is fantastic. I have it set up perfect for my play style / equipment / and BO powers. The only way I could make it better would be to give it an Excelsior skin.

Are there any Fed cruisers that are the equivalent of the Galor? Like in turning ability, BO layouts, Console layouts, etc..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cervantxcervantx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Go to the shipyard and see the federation ships under the "cruiser" section by yourself, its not too hard, you know?.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/7dY4yCA.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    GG Cryptic.

dnirg eht nioj
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have an engineering captain in a Galor cruiser. It is fantastic. I have it set up perfect for my play style / equipment / and BO powers. The only way I could make it better would be to give it an Excelsior skin.

Are there any Fed cruisers that are the equivalent of the Galor? Like in turning ability, BO layouts, Console layouts, etc..

I don't have a clue, but here is the wiki page on all the playable ships. It may be easier to find a similar ship with this than trying to compare stats in game.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Excelsior was always help up as a comparison.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cervantx wrote: »
    Go to the shipyard and see the federation ships under the "cruiser" section by yourself, its not too hard, you know?.

No need to be rude, you know....

OP: Cerva does have a point tho... write down the stats you like about teh Galor and check the shipyard under cruisers for a ship that's similar. If you're in a fleet and have the means, consider getting a fleet version of that ship and upping it to a T5U.

If nothing compares, stick with the Galor.
    coupaholic wrote: »
    I don't have a clue, but here is the wiki page on all the playable ships. It may be easier to find a similar ship with this than trying to compare stats in game.

Even better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cervantx wrote: »

I did that before I posted this and did not see anything which had the same parameters. I then made this post in case I had missed something... But hey thanks for all the help.
    coupaholic wrote: »

Thank you for the link. I had gone through there already and did not find anything which matched my Galor's turn rate, console config, and BO config unfortunately. I had hoped that maybe I missed something and someone here would know.
    The Excelsior was always help up as a comparison.

I love the Excelsior and used it before the Galor. If I could take the look of the Excelsior and put it on the Galor it would be perfect.
    prierin wrote: »
    No need to be rude, you know....

OP: Cerva does have a point tho... write down the stats you like about teh Galor and check the shipyard under cruisers for a ship that's similar. If you're in a fleet and have the means, consider getting a fleet version of that ship and upping it to a T5U.

If nothing compares, stick with the Galor.

Even better.

I did that and there was nothing to compare that I could see.. But I thought I may have missed something and decided to ask the community for help. Looks like that was a mistake.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Battle Cruiser, aka Avenger, would be my recommendation for anyone who wants a tactical Fed cruiser.
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As a Galor fan myself I find my toon has transitioned very well to the Ecilispe (?) T6 ship, his MK14 SWD are sweet.

If its avalible to you the Streamrunner is a great ship for cruiser captains who want to try a something a little different.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Battle Cruiser, aka Avenger, would be my recommendation for anyone who wants a tactical Fed cruiser.

litchy74 wrote: »
    As a Galor fan myself I find my toon has transitioned very well to the Ecilispe (?) T6 ship, his MK14 SWD are sweet.

If its avalible to you the Streamrunner is a great ship for cruiser captains who want to try a something a little different.

Thank you guys! I will check them out.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The T6 Eclipse has a very similar setup to the Galor.

Compare ships to your heart's content

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I

I did that and there was nothing to compare that I could see.. But I thought I may have missed something and decided to ask the community for help. Looks like that was a mistake.

Never let the poor attitude of some scare you away from the forums. There are many here who actually do want to be helpful and answer questions.

Despite Cerva's attitude, she did offer a suggestion after all. :)

Best of luck. I'd be interested in your findings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The T6 Eclipse has a very similar setup to the Galor.

Compare ships to your heart's content
    Yeah, I think the Eclipse may be as close as you'll get, layout-wise, but the OP wants a Starfleet design, so it is disqualified.

Oh, I went there...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    Yeah, I think the Eclipse may be as close as you'll get, layout-wise, but the OP wants a Starfleet design, so it is disqualified.

Oh, I went there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPLQ43JVYU

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can make it look more starfleet. Check my sig ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still think it's choice of Nacelle's is a bit limited.

The Eclipse is probably the closest to the Galor, I use it interchangeably with mine on my main Fed toon. Very powerful in a full Phaser setup, especially with a full Phased Biomatter loadout. Mine currently runs the Bio-Molecular loadout though.

Spirals can be fun too, though they are more PvP than PvE oriented.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'll have to agree with what's been posted, the fed cruisers with the closest characteristics on paper are the excelsior, avenger (except the weapon layout) and the eclipse
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can make it look more starfleet. Check my sig ;)
    What am I missing besides the skin? It still looks very Un-Starfleet to me. You can put feathers on a frog, it still ain't a bird.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock