test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega Force set Inquiry

stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Reputation System
If you get the Omega Force Mk X ground set you unlock the "Omega Force Recruit" title. If you utilize the new upgrade system mechanics and upgrade it to Mk XII will you unlock the "Omega Force Operative" title, or do you need to acquire the MK XII version through the rep system for it to count :confused:
1686is5.jpg
The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
Post edited by stolts on

Comments

• Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That is a very interesting question...
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    stolts wrote: »
    If you get the Omega Force Mk X ground set you unlock the "Omega Force Recruit" title. If you utilize the new upgrade system mechanics and upgrade it to Mk XII will you unlock the "Omega Force Operative" title, or do you need to acquire the MK XII version through the rep system for it to count :confused:

IIRC, only if you obtain Mk XII from the Project. Any other Methods don't work.

Even obtaining them from the Tribble Console on Tribble will not award the Titles/Outfits, so I think its based off the project some how.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That is a very interesting question...

Another interesting question: What happens if you turn in an upgraded Mk X to Roxy? Would suck to get it back as Mk X instead of whatever you took it up to. I don't have any low mark Omega rep gear to play guinea pig with.
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Upgraded gear works on a different internal system than previously-obtained gear. Thus, the system that hands out accolades for collecting sets of gear doesn't trigger unless it's rebuilt with the upgraded gear specifically in mind.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Another interesting question: What happens if you turn in an upgraded Mk X to Roxy? Would suck to get it back as Mk X instead of whatever you took it up to. I don't have any low mark Omega rep gear to play guinea pig with.

It doesn't work, the upgraded gear cannot be turned in. I had an old, pre-rep MK X ground set of Maco gear that I upgraded to MK XII. No accolades and no costumes were unlocked.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    Upgraded gear works on a different internal system than previously-obtained gear. Thus, the system that hands out accolades for collecting sets of gear doesn't trigger unless it's rebuilt with the upgraded gear specifically in mind.

So that's a no to the accolades and thus the uniform unlocks? If so, then as was asked, could we upgrade old Mk X items to Mk XII then turn them into Roxy to exchange to trigger the accolade?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Find out on Tribble. :P

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I asked the original question without looking deeper. I capped my Omega Force rep a while back. I can't even access Mk X Omega Force gear anymore...

Is this a bug or what... :confused:
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I asked the original question without looking deeper. I capped my Omega Force rep a while back. I can't even access Mk X Omega Force gear anymore...

Is this a bug or what... :confused:

MK X and MK XI items were removed from the rep system a while back during the Rep overhaul. They now only exist for people who already got those items before the changes were made.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    MK X and MK XI items were removed from the rep system a while back during the Rep overhaul. They now only exist for people who already got those items before the changes were made.

So there is no way to unlock the Omega Force Recruit title now unless they rework the Accolade :(
    1686is5.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    So there is no way to unlock the Omega Force Recruit title now unless they rework the Accolade :(

Yeah if you didn't already have it you can't get it any more. I believe they said the accolade wont even be listed on new characters any more. Shame really, would have been better if they made it auto complete when you get the full MK XII set.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yeah if you didn't already have it you can't get it any more. I believe they said the accolade wont even be listed on new characters any more. Shame really, would have been better if they made it auto complete when you get the full MK XII set.

I 100% concur with this! :D
    1686is5.jpg