test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reciprocity equivalent for other factions

suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
Reciprocity is arguably the most ridiculous Starship Trait in the game at the moment. After all the talk about nerfing A2B Cryptic basically gave the FEDs a substitute for that. Just make sure you are being shot at and all your TAC and INTEL abilities get a huge CD reduction. No need to use A2B or have two copies of FAW, as you'll most probably reach the global CD anyway.

At this point I honestly don't even care whether or not something is OP or P2W. Cryptic went overboard with their monetization attempts and there's no point hoping things will get any better.

However... these Starship Traits are too big of a game changer to be limited to one faction. While FEDs already have six powerful Traits that are useful on almost any ship and any build, KDF and ROM only get two, some of which won't even work unless certain ship, weapon or ability is used. They are arguably worthless in comparison to all FED traits.

Again, no point in hoping KDF and ROM will get more attention, but at the very least they should get something to even the playing field. Something that would equal Reciprocity or other traits and wouldn't be limited to one weapon/ability. Reciprocity is such a game changer that at this point I simply struggle with my KDF and ROM characters, while the FEDs that unlocked this trait are powerful as hell, even without A2B or other nonsense.

For the love of god cryptic, stop ignoring the KDF and ROMs, especially the former. We get it that Geko loves his money, and FEDs make the most of it, but come on, make players WANT to play other factions, not struggle with them. Giving them some neat T6 ships with cool universal Starship Traits would be a good start.
PyKDqad.jpg
Post edited by suaveks on

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hmm. Actually, repeating starship traits for each faction could make it a lot easier for Cryptic to make new Tier 6 ships, since they just need to pick a trait from one of the other factions to reuse.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can be pretty confident that this will go into lock boxes at some point. Same as the faction consoles are now, they will have some time of "exclusivity" and then will trickle down to lockboxes.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    graysock wrote: »
    You can be pretty confident that this will go into lock boxes at some point. Same as the faction consoles are now, they will have some time of "exclusivity" and then will trickle down to lockboxes.

Yep, have to figure as they work through continuing to do the T5 consoles in boxes - they're going to be graduating over to the Starship Traits. Have to figure it's going to be a wee while though...
  • tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Reciprocity is not god like unless you have high defence. In fact my defiant can not go global for anything unless i add the console, 1 purple doff per power i want a global and Reciprocity. It still is not global all the time.

Having said this... Klingons and roms need more but looking at the que's i can tell they are going where the money is, Feds.
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tgo533 wrote: »
    Reciprocity is not god like unless you have high defence. In fact my defiant can not go global for anything unless i add the console, 1 purple doff per power i want a global and Reciprocity. It still is not global all the time.

Having said this... Klingons and roms need more but looking at the que's i can tell they are going where the money is, Feds.

Depends on the build/ammount of enemies.

If you have at least 4-5 of enemies you can and will reach global col down quite easy.

Also you need to fly at 3/4 to full impuls most of the time. My current ship has something like 70% bonus defense, which makes most mobs miss quite often.
    edited November 2014
    I fly with 100% defence. I fly at full impulse for pedal to the medal.

I am not at global all the time. I can get it when i use APO/evasive/ep2E properly after attack passes. However getting 100% global would be quite hard. I get about 60% to global and the rest are 5 sec short usually. Usually because my doff didnt proc.

Its a great ability, but its not consistent. I still run an extra scatter volly to complement my CRF3 because sometimes CRF3 doesnt not go global.
  • potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    SRO is arguably the most ridiculous BOFF Trait in the game at the moment. After all the talk about nerfing rep traits Cryptic basically gave the Roms a substitute for that. Just make sure you have plenty EC and all your abilities get a huge critH and crtD increase. No need to use Rom embassy boffs or get crtH on weapons, as you'll most probably reach 30% crtH anyway.

At this point I honestly don't even care whether or not something is OP or P2W. Cryptic went overboard with their monetization attempts and there's no point hoping things will get any better.

However... these BOFF Traits are too big of a game changer to be limited to one faction. While Roms already have two powerful Traits that are useful on almost any ship and any build, Fed and KDF only get one, some of which won't even work unless certain ship, weapon or ability is used. They are arguably worthless in comparison to all Rom BOFF traits.

Again, no point in hoping Fed and KDF will get more attention, but at the very least they should get something to even the playing field. Something that would equal SRO or other traits and wouldn't be limited to one faction. SRO is such a game changer that at this point I simply struggle with my Fed and KDF characters, while the Roms that unlocked this trait on all BOFFS (including subterfuge, how could I possibly forget that) are powerful as hell, even without A2B or other nonsense.

For the love of god cryptic, stop ignoring the Fed and KDF, especially the former. We get it that Geko loves his money, and FEDs make the most of it, but come on, make players WANT to play other factions, not struggle with them. Giving them some neat T6 ships with cool universal Starship Traits would be a good start.

Fixed.

You know OP. I completely agree. SRO and Subterfuge available for all factions (outside of embassy). Oh and I guess they could give an equivalent Reciprocity to KDF/Rom if they do that.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

It is god like if you have the Fed Eclipse cruiser trait also equipped. 22.5% always on extra defense will ensure your at cool down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited November 2014
    It is god like if you have the Fed Eclipse cruiser trait also equipped. 22.5% always on extra defense will ensure your at cool down.

Was it fun to repeat what i said? lol

I did say is not god like unless you have high defence.

Most players did not get the pack, i got 1 ship and thats where most people will be sitting. With the extra trait i would be global, however 98% of players will not have this. Just like 98% of players do not have leach...

If you are running 120+ percent defence you are speed tanking and are a top end player already.
    edited November 2014
    Was it fun to repeat what i said? lol

I know English can be hard at times... really though didn't repeat anything you said.

You said high defense makes the skill better of course that's true.

What I pointed out is that one OP fed ship trait complements the other and makes it in fact a bit over powered.

The extra 22.5 defense from the Eclipse trait is what puts it over the top.

There is zero issues being at global all the time with both traits. I use both (when I bother playing STO anymore) traits on a scryer and yes its OP as heck... All intel and any tac skill I have on are at global all the time. In a sci ship you want +threat consoles anyway. Those 2 traits are part of what makes the scryer ione of the most messed up over powered ships to hit the game. The strongest ship since Cryptic decided ships that could cycle cloak to keep Decloak dmg bonuses up 100% of the time. (something that was intended to be a small buff to under powered klingon ships back 3+ years ago... got turned into a game breaking mechanic with the schim abomination.) where a good idea.

So now you have 2 PvE ships that are 3x better then everything else. Its not hard to parse 70k+ DPS in a shim... and now with the 2 traits we are talking about its pretty easy to get north of 50k in a scryer as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Doesn't the Qib have something similar with its trait: shooting cannons reduces cooldowns? (I don't own any T6 ship so not sure beyond whats written down)
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Reposting a suggestion I feel would work for both Cryptic and players. For Cryptic, encourages more sales and use of their T6s. For players, a reason to continue using those T6s.

This is to give a fair but reasonable way to pass on Masteries without either being too entitled or too complicated for the players or Cryptic. And it's not much different from grinding 100 or so Marks to trade for a Reputation Sponsorship; in this case, skips the middleman and is directly worked on and gained. The XP required per "skill pass" could stand to be lower than what I suggested, but again, I chose a conservative amount rather than one too low.

Account Bound Mastery Suggestion:
    As to making the 5th Mastery Account-unlock, I support this insofar as still having to work for it. Instead of just leveling it once and then it's unlocked for all characters, I suggest to encourage players to keep using the ship instead of just dropping it and forgetting it.

For example: I level my Guardian to Rank 5. However, instead of letting the bar stop there, let a second bar appear below it (so that if the "Mastered" code is tied to the bar, it doesn't reset Masteries or anything; it simply opens up a new and separate bar). The XP required to fill it will either be the same as it formerly was getting from 4 to 5, or the current rebalanced XP required to get from 4 to 5.

For every completion of that bar, a player gains an account-bound item; for this example, we'll call it: [Holodeck Bridge Training Mastery: Guardian - Desperate Repairs]. The in-game idea is that as a master of your ship, you earn the right to record a training simulation of your performance to share with one officer, in this case, an alt. However, to prevent early abuse, the alt in question needs to be level 50 minimum, though personally, level 40 minimum would be ideal, as we're already Admirals by that point. But I won't complain if it's left at 50 minimum to use, given that if implemented, it's already doing us all a great favor.

This way, all objectives would be met. Players can have access to as many starship traits as they're willing to work on, this will encourage repeated use of any T6s every so often, and Cryptic can sell more T6s or Delta Operations Packs. The only losers here would be the lazy and unwilling.

The other alternatives flat out won't be as merciful for the players (a Lockbox Mastery Trait: Resequencer-like item or new T6 ships just pulling masteries from other faction-specific ships).
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So now you have 2 PvE ships that are 3x better then everything else. Its not hard to parse 70k+ DPS in a shim... and now with the 2 traits we are talking about its pretty easy to get north of 50k in a scryer as well.

North of 50K in a Scryer? I'm quite curious to hear how you're achieving that. OSS+SS+CrtD stacking? With partigen stuffs or without? Upgraded equips or not?
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Doesn't the Qib have something similar with its trait: shooting cannons reduces cooldowns? (I don't own any T6 ship so not sure beyond whats written down)
    Firing cannons gives you turn rate and accuracy. You know, because you need more turn rate while firing forward and totally isn't the same thing as the R&D Trait...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Firing cannons gives you turn rate and accuracy. You know, because you need more turn rate while firing forward and totally isn't the same thing as the R&D Trait...

It's difficult (for me) to tell if you were trying to be sarcastic there or not...

R&D Cannons

w/ Cannon BOFF Ability: +Turn/Inertia, can 3stack

Qib

w/ Cannon Fire: +Turn/Accuracy, can 10stack

Definitely a complimentary pair of traits.

Work in some Intense Focus for +Accuracy/Shield Penetration...

Or go for the barf bag rollercoaster scenario adding in some Helmsman and Momentum...wheee, ugh, ugh, blecch.

What will be a trip, mind you, is if they drop out Reciprocity in a lock box...work in the Mat'Ha trait with the R&D Beams and Projectiles. All sorts of fun to be had there, eh?
    edited November 2014
    scurry5 wrote: »
    North of 50K in a Scryer? I'm quite curious to hear how you're achieving that. OSS+SS+CrtD stacking? With partigen stuffs or without? Upgraded equips or not?

Energy weapons are a waste on a sci ship.

Scryer... TBR / GW / EWP... + Delta torp + Crafted Plasma torp + Bio enhanced (fast cool down on it is nice).

The rear weapons aren't all that important... a 360 beam so you can use the target subs... perhaps a Lobi plasma torp to buff plasma dmg if you running bounty hunter console. Or a grav torp + experimetna weapon to boost some poton dmg. Doesn't really matter.

A bunch of Embassy dmg consoles with +threat on them one crafted sci console with +pgen a crafted engi console with +pgen. A delta set for the silly stupid iso cannon.

Then spam the Intel defense killers. Ionic.... use Evade target lock instead of intel team, you will have argo all the time with 4 +threat consoles and a ton of DPS.. evade target lock will force one target to miss constantly and recharge all your stuff if your having a hard time getting to global.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=scypvedps_0
    Something like that or;
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=scypvedps2_0
    that.

Depends on the doffs you want to run... runnig a tykens is just to run Deflector doffs and keep GW up more often... 2-3 torp doffs are nice of course. a couple dmg control (not super important in pve to be honest though).. a TBR reversal doff is a must of course.

There are a few ways you can go... bottom line SCI dps revolves around exoitc dmg. Which you can make pretty crazy. Sci ships don't needed energy so just focus on spitting torps with crazy procs. Things like Thoron and Plasam emis torps are heavy boosted by pgens as well... and they are even effected by Particle Manipulator.

With builds something like that its pretty easy to be hitting 10k+ GW ticks and 15-20k TBR hits. The torps will keep doing there thing and spread will be at global... and you will have ionic up every 30s... and you can keep Amp probe or Kinetic magnet up at global as well. If you manage to get the doffs in there to keep GW at global and drag enough NPCs though your EWP and into GWs... its not hard to rack up stupid high dps in a sci.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Future lockboxes = Cross-Faction Starship Trait packs. Count on it.
    edited November 2014
    KDF will get the Dauntless healing mastery.
    Romulans will get the Reciprocity mastery.

And about 12 lockboxes from now, KDF will finally gain Reciprocity. After they go through all the other Fed and Romulan-exclusive Masteries that are added between now and then. I'm assuming at most, 4 more ships besides KDF ships; such as 2 more Fed and 2 Romulan (in addition to 1, maybe 2, KDF ships). That's 8 total Fed Masteries and 4 Romulan masteries to choose from, and Reciprocity would be the last one released to KDF.
    edited November 2014
    True, it was an optimistic expectation; since Cryptic has been pretty adamant about keeping to their plan of releasing only more originals besides the Intrepid to pad out their T6 lineup, but forgetting about making the game fun again to even enjoy those future T6s.

At least there's more of a possibility of getting a T6 Gorn Sci ship than a T6 BoP. The second or third most requested ship from forum KDF players. Or at worst, a T6 Orion ship that's almost as useless/unused as the rest of the Orion ships.
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Anything possibily unique for the KDF in the future is just plain dead... have u guys even seen the DR storyline with a KDF toon???... A KDF Warrior talking about peace and unity throughout.. this is a joke!!! besides i don't expect anything more from the Pro-Fed Captain Geko, whom obviously hate any unique Faction except for the Federation which we've seen thoughout the years under his dictatorship. If CBS have not made their demands in the early stages of devolpement it's no doubt Cryptic would only made a Fed Faction.

As for the Romulan Sub-faction... their ''hardcore'' players finally now realizes that they're in the same boat as the KDF players... there was a time over a year ago where their players believed that they were the cash cow faction of the future and think that the Dev's will give them more attention than they've ever give to the KDF... now many of their players begging for more content while Cryptic ignores them... now they have feel what us KDF players feel, and we're surely in the same boat where Cryptic will release 1000 more Feds ships or content b4 we get anything, and if or when we do get anything it's nothing more than a bone they've thrown at us.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Just an FYI... NPCs can miss you while you're sitting stationary.

Really.

Just so you and other people know.

I was highly amused that my Fed ships with Reciprocity were running on high octane with their Intel & TAC ability CDs getting chopped down while I was getting shot at. Sitting still. Because the NPCs even on Elite still miss you.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Starship traits, coming in a gamblebox very soon. Including some of the best, just like "standard" traits.
    Fixed.

You know OP. I completely agree. SRO and Subterfuge available for all factions (outside of embassy). Oh and I guess they could give an equivalent Reciprocity to KDF/Rom if they do that.
    That's fine, as long as Romulan have everything they are currently lacking that other faction consider as granted. For example an academy, Romulan DOFF reward for commendation (instead of allied DOFF), a security officer in New Romulus, access to a Plasma weapon for both the Undine and Delta alliance rep (featuring phaser and disruptor but no plasma), a unique Omega ground and space set, Romulan fleet uniform (and variants)....
    The list go on and on, I'm just lazy to give you everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Energy weapons are a waste on a sci ship.

Scryer... TBR / GW / EWP... + Delta torp + Crafted Plasma torp + Bio enhanced (fast cool down on it is nice).

The rear weapons aren't all that important... a 360 beam so you can use the target subs... perhaps a Lobi plasma torp to buff plasma dmg if you running bounty hunter console. Or a grav torp + experimetna weapon to boost some poton dmg. Doesn't really matter.

A bunch of Embassy dmg consoles with +threat on them one crafted sci console with +pgen a crafted engi console with +pgen. A delta set for the silly stupid iso cannon.

Then spam the Intel defense killers. Ionic.... use Evade target lock instead of intel team, you will have argo all the time with 4 +threat consoles and a ton of DPS.. evade target lock will force one target to miss constantly and recharge all your stuff if your having a hard time getting to global.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=scypvedps_0
    Something like that or;
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=scypvedps2_0
    that.

Depends on the doffs you want to run... runnig a tykens is just to run Deflector doffs and keep GW up more often... 2-3 torp doffs are nice of course. a couple dmg control (not super important in pve to be honest though).. a TBR reversal doff is a must of course.

There are a few ways you can go... bottom line SCI dps revolves around exoitc dmg. Which you can make pretty crazy. Sci ships don't needed energy so just focus on spitting torps with crazy procs. Things like Thoron and Plasam emis torps are heavy boosted by pgens as well... and they are even effected by Particle Manipulator.

With builds something like that its pretty easy to be hitting 10k+ GW ticks and 15-20k TBR hits. The torps will keep doing there thing and spread will be at global... and you will have ionic up every 30s... and you can keep Amp probe or Kinetic magnet up at global as well. If you manage to get the doffs in there to keep GW at global and drag enough NPCs though your EWP and into GWs... its not hard to rack up stupid high dps in a sci.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the detail. I was more wondering what approach you were using (I don't parse on a regular basis, so I don't really know how I'm doing). But all this will definitely be helpful to get the grind going a little faster.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    STO has become a one faction game. Play Fed or go home...
  • xingelxangelxingelxangel Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry for being such a noob but I never heard about this trait. Can anyone tell me where ou can get it? Or post a STO wiki link? Thank you in advance
  • trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry for being such a noob but I never heard about this trait. Can anyone tell me where ou can get it? Or post a STO wiki link? Thank you in advance

Federation T6 Escort "Phantom Intel Escort", Tier 5 Mastery Trait.

Unce you unlock it on that ship you can use it on all ships.
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    Sure, foul xenos... you can have our glorious reciprocity trait... all we'll take in trade, is the Mat'ha Raptor's trait... huehuehue... huuuehueheuheuehueheueheuheuehueuehue.
    I AM WAR.