test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[over] as a weapon stat?

johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Academy
Just crafted a phaser beam array and [over] is one of the stats on the weapon. What does it mean? I also just crafted one that says [pen] which I guess is penetrating. Is there a guide to what all the different [] abilities are?
Post edited by johnnymo1 on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Over means that there is a chance that the beam will get a free Beam Overload any time you attack without needing to have a Boff use the Beam Overload skill (this should be listed in the weapon's tooltip). Pen is indeed extra penetration against enemy resists.

There isn't really a comprehensive list, unfortunately. The devs haven't seen fit to give us an info dump on what all of the special crafted [mods] do. There's an incomplete list here: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Modifier

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    combat log said its beam overload I, and a 2.5% chance is pretty meh. Maybe if you have a carrier and 4-5 of them with not extra tac abilities abord, it can make sense, otherwise...not really.
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thanks for the quick response!
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the real question s will it proc during beam faw
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It does not proc on faw. It is a great proc for sci ships. You can run AP and TT yet still spike.