test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account wide XP

just123mejust123me Member Posts: 20 Arc User
There is a lot of anger in the air lately. I am not happy with the new system either. The Devs don't like making alts i guess. Actually, I don't have alts i have 4 MAIN toons. I like them all. 1 SF Tac, 1 SF Eng, 1 Rom Eng and 1 KDF Tac. All of them have gotten everything they could in the game. Mk12 purple STF/REP gear, Accolades and they did all of the available content.
I don't have an army of dil/mats grinders unlike many others.
I have spent real money on each character to get the latest fleet versions of c-store ships or exchanged zen for dil to cover the immense dil cost for the best space and ground gear. If you want to advance a character you have to play that character continously, even then it takes ages to complete.
My proposal, give us account wide xp after hitting lvl 60. All toons must qualify, means they have to be lv 60 already. So you can play whichever toon you want and the others will benefit as well.
Post edited by just123me on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    just123me wrote: »
    My proposal, give us account wide xp after hitting lvl 60. All toons must qualify, means they have to be lv 60 already. So you can play whichever toon you want and the others will benefit as well.

So what you're saying is that you want to distribute and dilute earned XP among all your high level characters, effectively providing a handicap for accounts with large numbers of multiple characters, for the earning of Specialization Points... (Which makes it pointless to try to concentrate on advancing the Specialization of a single character...)
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nice thought but crazy.

I'm like you, had 1 main, but 4 toons. and play them all equally. 1 Fed Tac, 1 Fed Eng, 1 KDf Eng, 1 Rom/KDF Tac.
    Always saw my Fed Tac as my main since that was my first toon. But after yesterday not sure about the other 3. At least as far as going after spec points. Figure itll just happen. Also don't see ever getting MK IV gear. Shooting for MK XIII on them at some point.

Not really sure in a game where they want to make money for them to make it as alt unfriendly as they've been trying to do. But, I wonder if they think less alts means less Dilithium, although making it alt unfreindly really just turns every alt into more of a Dilithium farmer then they were before IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • just123mejust123me Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All i am sying is after lvl 60 skill points should be given out to all toons on an acoount that has characters that qualify (lvl 60). Right now it's like: Hey, wanna do an STF? Oh wait you can't you are leveling your Tac but we need your cruiser tank toon, never mind. So all i want is flexibility. When i get a new specialization point, i get it for each toon on that account. I think it's the only way to maintain flexibility. Diversity is one aspect that keeps me playing. Somtimes i like to play my engineer and use his abilities with pleasure, sometimes i feel like playing the dps'er and hop on my tac. Right now i am stuck playing my 1st toon, that has gotten the most so far to actually make some progress. Wonder how long that keeps me motivated.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    just123me wrote: »
    .... So all i want is flexibility. When i get a new specialization point, i get it for each toon on that account. I think it's the only way to maintain flexibility. Diversity is one aspect that keeps me playing. ....

So this is different... Now you want favoritism for Accounts with large numbers of high level characters, where you get X times the benefit for the same amount of time of playing a single character...

If you had proposed a Account Specialization pool, where a single Specialization Point could be used on any high level character, that would be better. But even then, you would have an advantage, as a advance character with a large number of purchased Specialization traits would have a easier time earning XP...
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    An interesting concept but I would definitely put limits on it. Like if the character you are playing gets 100 skill points for an enemy kill, alts would only get 10. i.e. the currently-playing character gets 100% of the normal kill XP, and then alts get an amount that is equal to 10% of that kill XP. In no way would I support a system where alts got 1:1 XP rewards for things done by the current character. In fact, this would probably have to be limited to kill XP only; duplicating doffing XP (just the skills/expertise, not the CXP) to alts (even at a low 10% rate, or even 1%) would be easily abused, and mission reward XP is dealt in larger chunks that also shouldn't be shared.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.