test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A simple question to Geko on skill points

smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
Geko, since you seem so confident in the absolute disaster you have created here, I'd like to ask you a simple question:

Log into the game, and based on the current skill point rewards from doffing, patrols, queues and mission replays, please tell us, how do you expect a player to reasonably level his spec points and alts?

Really, just tell us. Because not only have you minimized the options available to us, you have then relentlessly nerfed those few remaining options to insignificance.

Please don't quote some fantasy maths you thought up in your head or jotted down on your brainstorm meeting flipboard, please go in game and use the actual numbers we are being given.

Then maybe the full scale of what you have done will come clear. If you can't see it after that, then I will be lost for words.
EnYn9p9.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seconded...

I'd love to see Geko's reaction to this...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You won't get an answer from Geko. To get an answer from Geko you have to insult the new Club 47 (his snippy "sorry you thought it was a waste of time" was classic Teenage Tantrum) or make an obvious mistake in your post so he can pop up & correct you, making himself feel superior in the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    You won't get an answer from Geko. To get an answer from Geko you have to insult the new Club 47 (his snippy "sorry you thought it was a waste of time" was classic Teenage Tantrum) or make an obvious mistake in your post so he can pop up & correct you, making himself feel superior in the process.
    Actually, it was Taco who said that. You know, the environmental artist who gets paid for designing maps not fixing bugs or adjusting rewards.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Actually, it was Taco who said that. You know, the environmental artist who gets paid for designing maps not fixing bugs or adjusting rewards.

They've sort of morphed into a sullen collective Dev creature....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your assuming Geko has even a level 50 toon to log into.

Perhaps if he sends a mail in the morning systems can gift him a premade toon or something ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Personally I suspect, their logic behind it is that there is about six months between big updates, and there are 60 points for specialization, so fix it at about 10 a month and they can keep people in game until the next grind... sorry, update.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashrod63 wrote: »
    Personally I suspect, their logic behind it is that there is about six months between big updates, and there are 60 points for specialization, so fix it at about 10 a month and they can keep people in game until the next grind... sorry, update.

I also suspect this is their logic, however, unfortunately for us (and indeed them) it is flawed.

The system (along with the gear upgrade costs) has pretty much killed off alts. Plain and simple.

Dead.

The same armies of alts that STO as a game has nurtured for over 4 years. The same alts that were created in the long content droughts of S1/2 and have been lovingly cared for since that time. The same alts that people have invested time and money in creating and getting to decent levels with.

I now have one toon. He is a Fed engineer and he looks like me. He is my main, the one and only. The others are off. No progress, no nothing.

So when a new ship comes along, like the intrepid I ask myself - will my single character fly it. And the answer is no, as he already has more ships than he can point a stick at. Also it would never suit his playstyle.

I do have a science fed toon that it would suit, and I would have bought it for her. Only as previously mentioned, she is dead.

So no purchase for me.

Same for event ships, same for gear pieces, same for everything in this whole game. I now focus on one toon rather than 10. That makes me precisely 10 times more likely NOT to spend money or indeed continue playing.

Flawed logic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Geko.

Resign please.

Regards

Players
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

Tacofangs is one of the very few Devs I still trust, and whose contributions to the game I actually like. :) Geko, not so much.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Flawed logic.

Indeed, it feels like they are so focused on the single character accounts, they couldn't care less about the multi-character accounts.

You would assume that they would figure out what the optimal character amount is for spending and base it on that, unless they did that and got out the answer "one" which would surprise me quite a bit, because at the very least there's be enough people running several to raise the average up a bit, even if most did play one.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashrod63 wrote: »

Unfortunately at the new rate most will earn maybe 1 per week. Before I was getting 2. I don't grind patrol missions.

I was hoping to have all my characters at level 80 by anniversary (ignoring the demolitions on all but 1). Now it's more like summer if the server is still up then.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."