What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Smirks Live stream -THIS FRIDAY;

2»

Comments

• smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Simple way to show how people feel.

Fill the club with players all with party nullifiers all stand to attention with back to Smirk/Trendy if you don't like the state of affairs in STO.

Or

Fill the club with dancing players to show support for the current state of affairs.

Neither of these achieve anything, but hey what the heck?!
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm going to ask him why the thoron infused weaponry is so absolutely useless for any and all builds. Seriously you can be an all part gen engineer/sci and it doesn't do you any good, or you can be an all tactical burster and it doesn't do you any good. Seriously, why did they even bother making these weapons?
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    That's a sneaky way of saying "and we'll only talk about the new Club 47!", right? :D

Obviously. I mean, party hosts don't attend fancy galas celebrating a grand opening of a big-name hotel club to discuss if they did something about the plumbing, or the bedroom furniture, or the nearby angry mob of displaced apartment goers who were kicked out of a condemned building that was demolished for the new addition, or other things unrelated to the new establishment.

Especially not when they're aiming to advertise the place (even if they might not deserve it).

In seriousness though, I think they will mainly want to focus on the Club, and discussions over what else they might do to improve the Club (such as maybe getting more/better music), and what things they will giveaway or sell that's related to the Club maybe like the Tron-esque costume or visual addon.

They might answer things after they finish the essential coverage, or in between then use more Club discussion as a distraction from some other question.
  • echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What do you mean I can't shoot another player at Club 47? Han Solo is not impressed!

Oh wait, this is Star Trek...

What do you mean I can't punch another player at Club 47? James T. Kirk is not impressed!
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What do you mean I can't shoot another player at Club 47? Han Solo is not impressed!

Oh wait, this is Star Trek...

What do you mean I can't punch another player at Club 47? James T. Kirk is not impressed!

I can't stab a cadet through the heart?
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I'm really glad to see so many of you are so excited to join in my livestream tomorrow to show off and talk about the new Club 47! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys grooving on the dancefloor, and enjoying yourselves.

Back to making tacos fangster! No fancy dancey for you! Whips taco with ferengi energy whip...wapish!! wapish!!
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Simple way to show how people feel.

Fill the club with players all with party nullifiers all stand to attention with back to Smirk/Trendy if you don't like the state of affairs in STO.

Or

Fill the club with dancing players to show support for the current state of affairs.

Neither of these achieve anything, but hey what the heck?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0

So basically it's like a scene from beat it by Michael jackson? Imagine taco is the black leader with the shades and the white guy is this thread's OP. Beat it!!! Beat itt!!! Rofl!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cervantx wrote: »
    Yay because thats its what Star Trek is all about, go boldly to useless areas of the ESD to dance and enjoy yourself.
    Kirk did it. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well I gotta say, sure is nice to know that so many folks will show up to the Livestream to take part :D

It will really be great to see all you in chat as it zooms by!

Have your questions ready so we can try to see them and respond in between Taco and I doing our in person Fan Dances to amuse you all.

I also have something else in store for everyone that I will reveal tomorrow, and a mystery surprise that will only be revealed during the show :D

~CaptainSmirk
  • christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The negativity is icky in here. I plan to come and enjoy myself cause apparently im one of the few that enjoy playing the game and don't treat it like a job or a chore.

That being said I do have 1 gripe....the Pathfinder should have been in the pack not the Dauntless considering that the voyager was the star of the show....just saying....
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well I gotta say, sure is nice to know that so many folks will show up to the Livestream to take part :D

Have your questions ready so we can try to see them and respond in between Taco and I doing our in person Fan Dances to amuse you all.

I also have something else in store for everyone that I will reveal tomorrow, and a mystery surprise that will only be revealed during the show :D

~CaptainSmirk

The song of this thread. Smirk you have my respect for the way you are handling this.

Edit: HoeBO, it looks like you need to change your sig. Punish the FEDs, and the CMs, and Food based lifeforms, and the Republic, and KDF!

Can all that even fit as a sig?
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014

~CaptainSmirk

...now, isn't this trolling?! :P :D... nvm.... no clue if and how many will find time and mood to partake. as for me it's gonna be a coincedential short-term-decision to partake or not. and i won't cover it as a long-term plan lulz...
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014

~CaptainSmirk

The cut of your jib. I like it.

And Tacofangs too.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    PVP? What's that?

Well this season, it seems to be in the forum.;)
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited November 2014

~CaptainSmirk

See interaction with the customers.... ;)

It ain't hard and can sometimes be fun :D

Smirk - Quick questoin, Do you know why, GEKO didn't reply to my post?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1299021

See you on Friday mate...

D,
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There are also the role players and the people that go to the different radio parties to dance, listen to music and socialize and making new friend. Supspace-Radio.net, KirtangPirateRadio.com, etc. There is so much to the game then numbers and grinding there is a social side to it to.
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Based on the ques 1 viewer would be a large portion of the active player base to watch this TRIBBLE rofl.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey Smirk, glad your bosses fueled the hate right before that lifestream?

I seriously have no ill feelings towards you, Trendy or Tacofangs. I can only repeat myself, but especially Taco is doing outstanding work for STO.

But you should really talk to Geko or someone else about timing, tact and, well... general... common sense.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Oh I am looking forward to this Friday, I'm sure a lot of people will be making themselves clearly heard during that livestream, especially after what they pulled today.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wouldn't be too surprised if the livestream doesn't go ahead due to "unforeseen circumstances" or "technical issues".

But I'm buying popcorn and beer just in case it does, think I'll even record it for posterity.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dius1981 wrote: »
    See interaction with the customers.... ;)

It ain't hard and can sometimes be fun :D

Smirk - Quick questoin, Do you know why, GEKO didn't reply to my post?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1299021

See you on Friday mate...

D,

I don't have the special colored name but I think I can help with your question.

Sane people don't take trollbait and yes. I know I taking your trollbait but mostly just to put it in the trash where it goes.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh I am looking forward to this Friday, I'm sure a lot of people will be making themselves clearly heard during that livestream, especially after what they pulled today.

:D

You just know all the negative questions will be ignored, and next week they'll post how successful the LS was with so many players attending, but not mentioning 99% were there to vent their frustrations or get answers.

It'll be just another PR snowjob.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    :D

You just know all the negative questions will be ignored, and next week they'll post how successful the LS was with so many players attending, but not mentioning 99% were there to vent their frustrations or get answers.

It'll be just another PR snowjob.

Oh I don't doubt it, seeing as they'll just pounce on anything that praises Tacofangs for the Club 47 revamp (about the only person who does deserve praise right now). But if they ignore the comments it will just add fuel to the fire anyway so there's always a point to it.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm really glad to see so many of you are so excited to join in my livestream tomorrow
    Seriously? Livestreams are irrelevant if they do not explain how game features got broken & how they will be fixed... :mad:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
    edited November 2014
    Seriously? Livestreams are irrelevant if they do not explain how game features got broken & how they will be fixed... :mad:

Not if your getting drunk... with popcornz :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I for one won't be joining and I suspect many won't be. It'll be a mess of (justified) anger and complaints which will be cheerily ignored during the stream and after in a wall of cheesecake PR.
    edited November 2014
    carlosbfly wrote: »
    I for one won't be joining and I suspect many won't be. It'll be a mess of (justified) anger and complaints which will be cheerily ignored during the stream and after in a wall of cheesecake PR.

But it will be funny to see this turn into a TRIBBLE'fest. If nothing else you should come for the lolz...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<