test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

From apparent trollery, a good idea

shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Granted, the individual responsible for this thread could benefit from heeding a few pointers about tone, et cetera... he (or she) did remind me of something. Many movies and games do have fights break out in bars and nightclubs... speaking of ST, Kirk surely got into more than his share of such scuffles... and Picard got into one with some Nausicaans which became a plot point in a TNG episode whose title escapes me at present... and in terms of games we have among others Sleeping Dogs and Alpha Protocol (reference)...

...so, why not have a small PvP (3v3 max) and/or survival challenge map on that theme (it could even be a duplicate of the new Club 47, depending on how big that turns out to be)?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's not a bad idea. I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Quark's map get that treatment, or maybe Paradise "City."
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    According to Taco it's 'too hard' to make new pvp maps. Apparently they're a lot of work, so much work in fact it would take an entire season of development to make a single pvp map of any size and they wouldn't be able to make anything else that season.

So basically: Coming soon to a zone near you: Star Trek: Online, Season 11, We spent six months making an empty space map for pvp and only barely got it finished in time.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    According to Taco it's 'too hard' to make new pvp maps. Apparently they're a lot of work, so much work in fact it would take an entire season of development to make a single pvp map of any size and they wouldn't be able to make anything else that season.

Then there is something wrong, because I remember when Gozer created those PVP patrols that were never release in to holodeck. That was hardly the hole season.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    illcadia wrote: »

So basically: Coming soon to a zone near you: Star Trek: Online, Season 11, We spent six months making an empty space map for pvp and only barely got it finished in time.

Ok, but the point the of this thread is about converting existing maps for pvp not making them from scratch.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited November 2014
    Then there is something wrong, because I remember when Gozer created those PVP patrols that were never release in to holodeck. That was hardly the hole season.

yes but Gozer was not full of bs.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok, but the point the of this thread is about converting existing maps for pvp not making them from scratch.
    No; the point is to suggest a small PvP map modeled after a dance club or bar, in homage to the many occasions such end up being fight venues. If an existing map (i.e. the new Club 47) is big enough, that's fine; if not, then a new one would have to be created. Given what folks have accomplished with the Foundry, it can't be 'too hard' as Taco(fangs) allegedly states... hey, why not have a relevant contest and see what we the players come up with...?