test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doff's: Cant Exchange Two Very Rare

vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Greetings all,

Question, i have two romulan Doff's that have reached "Very Rare" status, they are locked and i cant exchange them for "Rare". Is this a none bug or am i missing something here? Oh, also they are not assigned, i don't recall how i obtained them and i don't want to dismiss them and i cant use them in my active duty roster.

If i placed this in the wrong area, my mistake and apology in advanced.

Cheers,

Fyasko
Post edited by vfpfyasko1 on

Comments

• wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sounds like a bug unless there bound ?
    If not take screen shot post them on photobucket post a link in the bug reports.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Screen_shot that's a link that tells you how.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Sounds like a bug unless there bound ?
    If not take screen shot post them on photobucket post a link in the bug reports.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Screen_shot that's a link that tells you how.

Will do, thank you. How would one know if they are bound? I know they are locked as that is how i go them i am assuming as i never activated them.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If they are locked then they can't be used for the exchange DOFF missions in SFA/KA/RCC this is working as intended. They can however be used for the space officer exchange missions: Cardassian, Pradan etc.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Are you Romulan also? If you are a Fed or KDF and not an aligned Romulan, I do not believe you can exchange a Romulan DOFF. Likewise for Romulans and their aligned faction DOFFS. Or at least I often run into troubles trying to do so myself.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    YEah, except civilians, Rom Doffs must be exchanged at NRC, and allied doffs must be exchanged at the allied academy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok, what i discovered was that they were "Bound" very rare that i couldn't get rid of so i just dismissed them. Working as intended, give me a break. I am so sick to death of items being bound, locked or otherwise.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    Ok, what i discovered was that they were "Bound" very rare that i couldn't get rid of so i just dismissed them. Working as intended, give me a break. I am so sick to death of items being bound, locked or otherwise.

When bound they can be used for th officer exchange missions, for example Cardassian, Bajoran, Pradan etc. I did say this in my post.

It is working as intended where the grinder is concerned.It has been this way for as long asI can remeber and I have been playing a while.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Note that this does not apply to all bound doffs. If the doff was unbound when you got it and became bound because you put it on active duty (and then later removed it from active duty) it's still okay to grind. If it's bound because it came to you that way via doff store or as a mission reward doff, then you can't grind it because they don't want clueless people to accidentally grind away non-reclaimable doffs and then come whine about it on the forums or to their CS people. But as already mentioned, these bound doffs can still be exchanged via the officer exchange doff chains in Cardassian space.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.