test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hazari starship T5 ability bugged/worthless

johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
not sure if its just bugged or worthlesd to begin with but the 10% extra dmg is just basedmg not alldmg und daher bei 3 stacks so maximal 2% dmg extra.

Sad to see another case of "much less shiny than its made out to be
Post edited by johnsteward on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Looking at an item on my build...having removed my Pirate BOFF:

Unbuffed: 8502.2

w/ Positive Feedback Loop: 9352.4

~9.99% increase, so it matches the 10% - there's likely rounding going on.

w/ Partners in Arms (Hazari) x1: 8778.6 (~3.2%)
    w/ Partners in Arms (Hazari) x2: 9055 (~6.5%)
    w/ Partners in Arms (Hazari) x3: 9331.5 (~9.7%)
    ~276.4 increase

So yeah, definitely not providing the +10% All Damage per stack (where All Damage typically reflects a bonus boost instead of a strength boost).

Remove some gearing: 7211

w/ Partners in Arms (Hazari) x1: 7487.4 (~3.8%)
    w/ Partners in Arms (Hazari) x2: 7763.8 (~7.7%)
    w/ Partners in Arms (Hazari) x3: 8040.3 (~11.5%)
    ~276.4 increase

Thing is, 276.4 isn't 10% of the base damage for that particular item. So it's not a strength boost of 10% per stack.

Well, let's check a few other things first...

Unbuffed: 6524.5
    w/ PiA1: 6704.9
    ~180.4
    Well, that is a ~10% base increase for that item.

Unbuffed: 288.1
    w/ PiA1: 296.6
    ~8.5 increase
    Need to do some other math here. Yeah, at 42 weapon power it would be ~84% - give or take some rounding - would give us a 10% base increase at ~84%.

Leaves me curious about that first one, because I just can't see how the base would be 2764 for the item in question. Hrmm, never mind - apparently it is - taking a closer look at it. For some strange reason, the damage calculation for it is: Base * (2 + SumAllStrength) * (1 + SumAllBonus) instead of Base * (1 + SumAllStrength) * (1 + SumAllBoost). Curious...I wonder if it is meant to be like that. But that's a separate matter...

...yeah, the +10% (20%) (30%) All Damage is acting like a strength boost rather than a bonus boost.
  • Options
    casperdudesdcasperdudesd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hazari ship is not a t5 its a t6 ship for one also depends on your build and weapon type...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hazari ship is not a t5 its a t6 ship for one also depends on your build and weapon type...

The OP was talking about the T5 ability, the Starship Trait unlocked at Tier 5 in Starship Mastery on the Hazari...not that the ship is T5 or the ship is useless. Just that the trait states +10% All Damage (which is wording for a bonus boost rather than a strength boost) per stack, but it's only doing +10% strength instead.
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The OP was talking about the T5 ability, the Starship Trait unlocked at Tier 5 in Starship Mastery on the Hazari...not that the ship is T5 or the ship is useless. Just that the trait states +10% All Damage (which is wording for a bonus boost rather than a strength boost) per stack, but it's only doing +10% strength instead.

thx exactly that .. although your wording is a bit strange with strength and bonus boosts but basically yes thats exactly that..

and
    Base * (2 + SumAllStrength) * (1 + SumAllBonus)

not sure exactly how you got there have to check your numbers / compare with mine but that would be rather strange with the 2 there instead of a 1. would be a rather crazy bug if it really is one..

i personally compared just my space weapon dmg (in Qonos orbit) with all consoles and stuff equipped before and after buffing an ally

also the wording "healing or buffing an ally" is a bit strange. As buffs can b a lot of things. so far it seems like tac fleet or tac team and such doesnt count as buffs, not sure what other non healing skills proc this (still useless) ability.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    thx exactly that .. although your wording is a bit strange with strength and bonus boosts but basically yes thats exactly that..

It's based on one of the devs having previously finally given us the names of what they called it - since we always ended up spending so much time arguing about the terms, base damage as base, some folks referring to tooltips as base, etc, etc, etc.
    not sure exactly how you got there have to check your numbers / compare with mine but that would be rather strange with the 2 there instead of a 1. would be a rather crazy bug if it really is one..

Oh, that was for a particular ability that I'd been trying to figure out the math behind - and - if not for this thread, I wouldn't have been able to do so. Isokinetic Cannon.
    also the wording "healing or buffing an ally" is a bit strange. As buffs can b a lot of things. so far it seems like tac fleet or tac team and such doesnt count as buffs, not sure what other non healing skills proc this (still useless) ability.

TT was the buff I was using to cast on shuttles in the Sol System to get the third stack.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    /threadjack

Is one Pirate BOff worth having?

Yarr! it adds damage in space, so why not? If you have better, that is fine -- SRO beats the heck outta pirate. There is no superior pirate.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    /threadjack

Is one Pirate BOff worth having?

Heh, for a non-Rom - the opportunity to have a certain Efficient/Pirate Sci BOFF can be helpful...where depending on the build one might be looking at:

Embassy SRO
    Embassy SRO
    Something
    Nausicaan Pirate
    Hierarchy Efficient/Pirate

Where that Something might be a Talaxian now that the trait is working - or - perhaps a Human...
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    not sure if its just bugged or worthlesd to begin with but the 10% extra dmg is just basedmg not alldmg und daher bei 3 stacks so maximal 2% dmg extra.

Sad to see another case of "much less shiny than its made out to be

i thought it will work like that 10% improve per stack looked like way to op if u compare it to other t6 traits for example my 10% all damage trait on jhdc improved dps of my beams by 34-40 on maximum power lvl
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Heh, for a non-Rom - the opportunity to have a certain Efficient/Pirate Sci BOFF can be helpful...where depending on the build one might be looking at:

Embassy SRO
    Embassy SRO
    Something
    Nausicaan Pirate
    Hierarchy Efficient/Pirate

Where that Something might be a Talaxian now that the trait is working - or - perhaps a Human...

Interesting. Not to get off-topic, but I tend to run similar setups on my Toons. For KDF:

Embassy SRO
    Embassy SRO
    Diplomacy Human
    Nausicaan Pirate
    Efficient Borg

Fed:

Embassy SRO
    Embassy SRO
    Human or second Efficient Saurian
    Diplomacy Nausicaan Pirate
    Efficient Borg

So let me ask you this: in your opinion, is it better to have the pirate buff or that additional 1-2 power to my subsystems?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pirate owns efficient big time tbh. Efficient on BOs was useful...pre s6, or pre s7, a long time ago, now its as good as no spacetrait.