test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

upgrafing gear??

proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
if i take a mark 12 item that is very rare and upgrade t to mark 13s their a possibility that the item might go down in rareity like from very rare to just rare if it upgrades to mark 13?
Post edited by proteus22 on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As far as I know they've fixed any bugs like that. (In other words, no you should never lose rarity or mods or anything like that.)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    There are still a few issues knocking around but these mainly pertain to a variance in items stats. I.E. Mk XIV items having lower stats than their Mk XII counterparts
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As far as I heard there are still some minor issues with hybrid weapons that occasionally loose their second proc.
    Most say it's fixed but a few keep saying it's still bugged, I say I dunno anymore....:confused:

Try it and see what happens. In absolutly worst case you have to buy the mk12 again if it can't be patched.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yea, there's definitely still a few issues with the upgrade system!

Last night I was upgrading my AP Mag Regulators and managed to get them to Blue (Rare) Mk XIV but no further! I ended up wasting a ton of Dil and Improved Beam Tech Upgrade things trying to get them to Purple (Very Rare). I filled the bar twice and clicked the Upgrade now button and they instantly completed (Instead of taking an hour or something) and are still Blue (Rare) Mk XIV.

Also, I've noticed that there are no differences at all in the stats comparing Advanced Fleet (Ultra Rare) Antiproton beam Arrays and their Epic (Gold) upgraded version! Their stats are identical.

I really hope this gets fixed soon as it's a bit of an annoyance atm! :(
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Rank will ALWAYS increase until it hits MK14 guaranteed.

Rarity is not guaranteed but will ALWAYS go up never down, if that's the case its a bug not WAI
    also with rarity its a gamble to get it to jump up, I've seen items have 53% chance and still not jump.

You can have a chance to hit higher rarity as you gain in rank but again its a gamble and not guaranteed even if you use all the boosts and such to get it.

Only at MK14 do your rarity % points carry over until it upgrades in rarity.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Oh yea, I get it now guys. I've played with it a bit more by pumping Dil and Tech upgrades into it and I can see now that it will EVENTUALLY upgrade in rarity. Thanks for the help on that. :)

I still hope they fix the Ultra Rare -> Epic quality "stats" of the Advanced Fleet Antiproton Beam Arrays though. ;)
  • Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thanks i just upgraded my hec and i have 5 very rare antiproton consoles three mark twelve and 2 mark 11 and was worried about losing the very rare rarity if i upgraded them m
  • Options
    biersteinbierstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A lot of sonic weapons lose [Sonic] the second you drop them into the upgrade area, I reported it but I'm fairly certain they really just don't care.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I just hit a CRIT at 30 something % and now the upgrade is running making the Mag Regulator from Blue (Rare) Mk XIV to Purple (Very Rare) Mk XIV!

I'm working on the second console now. Just as well I stocked up on a whole pile of Dilithium, aint it?! lol