test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solanae Secondary Deflector Set?

centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
I've searched for info on the universal consoles that the Solanae Secondayr Deflector is supposed to work with, but I can find nothing. Specifically, the SSD info states that the following universal consoles are supposed to be designed to work with it:

Photonic Shield Matrix
Shield Inversion Projector
Proton Destabilizer Module

So where are these to be found? I had assumed that they would be mission rewards from S8 or S8.5, but apparently not. If they don't exist, then this is a rather glaring bug/oversight on the dev's part, because this set would be uniquely suited to science ships. Or are they available through crafting?

How about it dev's? Another half-baked ship feature?
Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
STO player since November 2013
Post edited by centaurianalpha on

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Cstore Dyson ship consoles.
  • Options
    zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Dyson Reconnaissance Science Destroyer has the Proton Destabilizer Module Universal Console

The Dyson Strategic Science Destroyer has the Protonic Shielding Matrix Universal Console

The Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer has the Shield Inversion Projector Universal Console

Available from the C-Store as singles or a 3 pack OR a 9 pack which includes all 3 dyson ships for each faction.
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cstore Dyson ship consoles.

:eek: If I understand this correctly, we're expected to buy the entire faction set at a minumum to obtain these 3 consoles? [facepalm]
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sheldon's tip of the day - buy something else - anything else.

The destabilized proton beam is awesome especially with much proton damage consoles. You can be the Emperor!

The 4 piece solanae set shield is a nice sabe me jeebus button. But by the time you fill up all the consoles with the others the ship is much too weak. Also the solanae set IMO is the pits. If you must get 1 just get the destabilized one.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    :eek: If I understand this correctly, we're expected to buy the entire faction set at a minumum to obtain these 3 consoles? [facepalm]

Yes, you have to buy teh entire faction set for those three consoles. Not sure why this is facepalm worthy.
  • Options
    shemrockskishemrockski Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    at least you didnt buy them all and then discard your free one that came with the deflector and then a year later accidently discard a c store ship thinking I can just claim it again but oops the sec deflector was on it and sice you dont still have the origional ship you cant reclaim it sol for me unless i spend 600 lobi for it again double face palm
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Also, iirc, you got a free Dyson ship from the Q event, that had the Secondary Deflector. The ones on the C-Store Dyson ships come with a crapitude degraded Secondary Deflector.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,642 Arc User
    edited November 2014

to make it worse the solenae secondary deflector is one of two in the game. the other, the one that comes with dauntless, is worthless.

so if you want the Dauntless to perform at peak, you had better have gotten it from the giveaway dyson from step between the star (i think) or buy it from the lobi store for 800 lobi.

I wish they would make just the deflector available for 150 lobi
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Also, iirc, you got a free Dyson ship from the Q event, that had the Secondary Deflector. The ones on the C-Store Dyson ships come with a crapitude degraded Secondary Deflector.

The free Dyson ship is currently available in the Lobi Store for 600 Lobi. The free Dyson ship also includes the Solanae Warp Core which allows Subspace Fold which moves your ship forward 2 light years instantly every 15 seconds. This is in addition to your current speed. So it is a great piece of equipment to have for sector space travel.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I actually liked the 4 piece set bonus with the secondary deflectory. Its nice to have that little extra oomph to teh proton beam and the other 2 bonuses.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.