test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Donation Leaderboard + Name Change?

wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
This is a bit silly, but, I was wondering... if I change the name of my character, how (if at all) will it affect the donations leaderboard within the fleet I'm in? IE, if I change the name, will it change on the leaderboard as well? Or will all future donations be under the new name? It's vain, but I've chipped in a lot and as much as I'd enjoy changing the toons name, I don't want to if it means losing my spot towards the top lol.
Post edited by wilsonfrontier on

Comments

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What do you mean by "change the name of my character"? Do you mean the first, middle, and last name or do you mean the name that appears before the @handle? If you mean the latter, then I advise you not to buy a rename token. They don't quite work. The new name appears in some places, and the old name in others.

Rename Tokens Do Not Really Work

I really doubt this bug will ever be fixed, since I suspect the problem is a poorly designed data model, which would be quite costly to fix.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    we have had a captain use the rename token and the name changed on the contribution leaderboards as well...
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The name does change on the fleet leaderboards.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I can confirm this as well. I renamed my original character, and a full year later, the Shard of Possibilities clones still use his original name.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Huh. Well. That's suck-o. So if I rename, it'll update on the leaderboard but... maybe not other places. Awesome. :rolleyes: