test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Questions for Cryptic

intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
So i have a few of question for Cryptic and the game developers.

1) In the reputation system we have daily projects and hourly projects. So if they hourly projects and there are 24 hours in a day how come we are only aloud to run 2 hourly projects in a day?

2) With the release of Delta Rising and the increase weaponry need to go through the content, i'm sure some other players like myself have wondered why there don't seem to be any mark XIII and XIV space gear drops? I have seen mark XIII weapons drops.

3) With the R&D system once your reach level 15 you can start to build mark XII gear.
Why is mark XII the highest you can build?

4) Again with the R&D system once your reach level 15 and you go to build your gear a duty officer that is schooled in that catagory (let's say beams) is required. the issue i have here is that all of the duty officers that are schooled are very rare or common in quality. Knowing that most every one in the game are trying to get better than common quality Doffs and that any fleet project that requires Doffs requires common quality. Why are there no uncommon or rare quality Doffs to be found in the game?
Post edited by intrepid31 on

Comments

• js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1) They want you to spend dilithium (preferably from zen, bought with real cash) on gear.

2) They want you to spend dilithium (preferably from zen, bought with real cash) upgrading MK XII gear to MK XIV

3) See 2 above

4) They want you to buy zen with real cash, sell keys and use that EC to buy VR doffs.

The entire upgrade system is a very obvious cash grab. A hopelessly cynical move on the part of the developers. Hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In addendum, regarding the specialized DOFFs, you can go to your respective academy and run a special DOFF mission to have a chance to get a random R&D DOFF. I had to run it twice before I got once specialized in beams. Waiting for the cooldown to run it again, and I will have to get my other captains involved to up my chances. It does require 1000 dilithium each time you run it, just like the other recruiting missions from that contact, but if you don't want to drop cash on keys or spend millions of EC on the exchange, this is an option.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    1) They want you to spend dilithium (preferably from zen, bought with real cash) on gear.

2) They want you to spend dilithium (preferably from zen, bought with real cash) upgrading MK XII gear to MK XIV

3) See 2 above

4) They want you to buy zen with real cash, sell keys and use that EC to buy VR doffs.

The entire upgrade system is a very obvious cash grab. A hopelessly cynical move on the part of the developers. Hope this helps.

This is what has me worried, these actions seems desperate and with all of this talk of the game possibly being shutdown, I'm afraid to spend anymore on it. I would love to buy Zen for this and that, but it doesn't feel stable enough yet for me to buy anything right now. To be fair I have even asked one of their employees, but I wasn't given a reply, so I'm going to hold off until they are confident enough about it to answer.

I do have general questions for Cryptic> Will Q be used for anymore missions? Will you be willing to use Data in a mission or two? Why does my toon look like shes riding a surfboard when they cut to the bridge scenes, then quickly sit down as if being caught?
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Before bothering about questions 1-3 ask yourself if there's any content in the game that you feel you need a (marginally) better weapon for? Hourly rep projects arent worth doing if you look at the return on 20 tokens vs 30 for the daily. I stockpile marks on all but one character who then provides the sponsorship.

What little story content thats been produced for DR can all be done on elite with mk12's so that would leave the advanced and above missions, narrowing the need for higher grade stuff even more.

As far as the R&D goes it was never an inspired crafting setup before the reset and mindless grind so again ask yourself if it's worth your time/effort to bother getting. The only things of interest used to be the aegis and delta flyer, which was shifted to cash shop around the time shuttles started to be used for story lines.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    2. For a Reputation system to give Mk XIV equipment, they either have to go back to the old system where we have 3 different Mks to buy or have Reputations that require players to be level 60 to do projects in them.

The upgrade system allows us to use our favorite equipment without having to toss it away like other MMOs with level cap increases. It is not like WoW where players grind for months to get the uber gear and a month later it is thrown in the garbage because level 100 green gear is better than level 90 purple gear. Of course, upgrading Mk XII gear to Mk XIV is far cheaper than upgrading Mk XIV purple gear to Mk XIV gold gear and should be avoiding by most people unless you have deep pockets.

3. Actually at level 1 you can start crafting Mk XII gear. It is only certain items that require level 15. Of course there is no point in crafting Mk XII gear until about level 15 since white to blue gear is vendor trash.