What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Organised PVP - The Future

13»

Comments

• heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    torach wrote: »
    Viral torpedo that disables your tray for 5 seconds.. without any means of removing it...

Try a few points in inertial damps.

(Would a foul Hobo ever teach his enemy how to counter his own powers? Probably not.)
    I AM WAR.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i doubt geko deserves all the blame. hes just like the only one who made himself visible, he's the easy target. the rest of them would prefer you didn't know they exist, the ruination of the game is surly a group effort.
  • gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    Try a few points in inertial damps.

(Would a foul Hobo ever teach his enemy how to counter his own powers? Probably not.)

I honestly am not trolling you here but you complain about hobos using broke powers etc etc etc yet you say you are using same/similar stuffs?? hmm.......
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    gregkane wrote: »
    I honestly am not trolling you here but you complain about hobos using broke powers etc etc etc yet you say you are using same/similar stuffs?? hmm.......

I limit myself to one offensive science power (FBP, or TBR, etc) and don't use escape consoles. Hobos fit FBP+TBR+Subnuc and 2-3 escape consoles (sometimes multiple copies of those consoles to get around CD) to ensure you never have to worry about dying.

I just recently added viral torpedoes to the mix because I've always been a torp bomber, and it looked fun. I also just told you how to counter my viral torps.

Really? Reeeeally? You're comparing me to the obscene amounts of sci spam Hobos pack? p.s. I'm one guy - you're a whole fleet of people spamming the same build. At least people fighting me have a chance to fight back.
    I AM WAR.
  • gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    I limit myself to one offensive science power (FBP, or TBR, etc) and don't use escape consoles. Hobos fit FBP+TBR+Subnuc and 2-3 escape consoles (sometimes multiple copies of those consoles to get around CD) to ensure you never have to worry about dying.

I just recently added viral torpedoes to the mix because I've always been a torp bomber, and it looked fun. I also just told you how to counter my viral torps.

Really? Reeeeally? You're comparing me to the obscene amounts of sci spam Hobos pack? p.s. I'm one guy - you're a whole fleet of people spamming the same build. At least people fighting me have a chance to fight back.

I don't run any escape consoles :) I also run very few uni consoles :) I only have 1 t6 ship, you shouldn't assume what one person has is what all the fleet have :) not saying a few don't but not all oh and thanks for the info on the viral torp altho I do run 6 in inertial damps :)
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i doubt geko deserves all the blame. hes just like the only one who made himself visible, he's the easy target. the rest of them would prefer you didn't know they exist, the ruination of the game is surly a group effort.

Yes and no. Is he the only one with bad ideas, or code typos...no, Bort's 95% invinvcibility shield springs to mind. Did QnA catch the bug....no. Just think of Geko's reaction to Voldemort: It doesn't exist...oh it's not supposed to do that.

The bucket stops at the guy in charge of systems design, and thats him. So yes the state of balance falls on him, and him alone. Sure the D'kore aux2bat bug is annoying, but we all know that it is not what's making this game unbalanced. Doesn't matter if he is blindly approving things that wreck it, of if he is pushing reasonable ideas too far to create sales.

what an interesting thread though.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    havam wrote: »

what an interesting thread though.

...my bet is on this is the thread that gets smirk to delete pvp subforum in whole in his forum-rearrangement thingie. or any other of the several ones right around the corner. worth a lol if it wasn't so sad..... lol :(.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    ...my bet is on this is the thread that gets smirk to delete pvp subforum in whole in his forum-rearrangement thingie. or any other of the several ones right around the corner. worth a lol if it wasn't so sad..... lol :(.

Smirk will merge the PvP subforum with Ten Forward, since it no longer has anything to do with STO gameplay. ;)

We can all write crappy stories that would make a 2nd Grade English teacher /facepalm at how bad they are.
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tinnytimps wrote: »
    Ah man! How many times!

Mars Shipyard, MT Script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x-MkfzNoLw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBiJlipZf14&feature=youtu.be
    http://puu.sh/aWNrw/1a8d377c65.jpg

Clean your own act up first before going around the playground being a school bully!

:eek:

/10char

I love that Lune song, thx. Seriously, I really like that song.
    bwemo wrote: »
    I commend you for posting the actual video of what MT's script and any logitech keyboard or mouse can do to sto, and not the bot video that was used in its place. By the way did you know the G-15/19/19s all come with native support from STO? As in you download sto and it installs a macro profile to your keyboard so you can automate key presses from there. Official software included in the game since Atari. Minor point we all seem to not care about I guess.

Strange, my G15 didn't come with a STO profile at all, possibly your refering to the G15v2, the one I had was a V1? Regardless, any keyboard/mouse/whatever with macro tools can do the same. In fact, seeing how they give away Logitech gear during their livestreams, I guess thats ok. <3 my corsair K90 now, 18 dedicated macro key's and the normal part of the keyboard is mechanical. Plus it is just amazingly pretty with the aluminium backplate and blue LEDs.

Other then that, I really don't care what keyboard or mouse or joystick or whatever someone uses.
    End of response to Bwemo since this isn't directed specifically at him or her at all.

Too be honest I'm getting a little sick of this community. Every week some fleet needs to be trashed in threads. Then its the sad pandas, next time hobos, then comes inner circle. It's getting old. The community is small enough without people actually trying to force subgroups out of it. I just left organised pvp channel because I don't wanna get dragged into this weeks fleet vs. fleet forum pvp bull**** drama. Let me know when it's over, or not. I'm past caring. Why bother trying to move on from PvE and Ker'rat and become a decent Arena player if all it leads to is this poisonous bull****.

You guys have fun, I want no part of it.
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We can all write crappy stories that would make a 2nd Grade English teacher /facepalm at how bad they are.

that's me. sry, i'm german :D:)
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Okay, this thread is going in all the wrong places.

Repeat after me... We do not Forum PvP. We do not troll. We do not flame the Devs.

Closed.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.