test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hey Devs, next expansion, I wouldn't mind if...

opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
This is going to be a thread dedicated to things you would like to see for the next expansion.

Hey Devs, I wouldn't mind if you sacrificed the professional VO budget and used more of the super-talented amateur Dev actors (Borticus, you are a VO god) to increase your budget for more designer hours in story driven missions.

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Most of the chatter about Expansion Pack 3 involves a Cardassian Micro-Faction similar to LoR. Hard to say how much VO work they would need for that.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    Hey Devs, I wouldn't mind if you sacrificed the professional VO budget and used more of the super-talented amateur Dev actors (Borticus, you are a VO god) to increase your budget for more designer hours in story driven missions.
    I think this is the main reason why DR's content feels rather half-assed. While having most of the VOY cast in the game is nice, I'd prefer content that is fleshed out more and has a higher quality.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Too late for that now OP. STO is with the SAG now, so they have to use union actors, which are more expensive than Random Dev #7.

Besides, it's not like throwing more money at DR would have made it better. It's an obvious rush job, and there's only so much time in the world.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    This is going to be a thread dedicated to things you would like to see for the next expansion.

Personally I'd be fine with them doing away with Trek characters appearing in the game altogether. I'd rather STO do its own thing with its own characters. Every new story mission that comes out I'm teaming up with a Trek character. Occasionally is fine, but sometimes I'd like to do my own thing with my own crew, or STO original characters like Shon or Obisek. I've had enough with shoehorning in old characters.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Things I would like to see.

More T6 ships for all factions and not just intelligence ships.
    A war at home segment with three arcs of story. One for each faction. The KDF get another Feklri arc as they are hunted and new information comes up on them. The Romulans get to face the Elachi again. The Federation looks to see common threads because all these enemies popping up at once is too much coincidence. And the Last mission of the arcs ties all three together and is playable solo or in a mixed group like an STF.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.