test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Veridian III Suggestion

arkangel11004arkangel11004 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
As I have yet to find a suggestions forum, I will instead post this here.

I suggest the addition of Veridian III to Star Trek Online. This would be a memorial system, similar to Romulus and Wolf 359. In this case however, you would be able to beam down to the planet. James Kirk's rock tomb should be visitable as well as the Saucer Section of the Enterprise-D. I realize that it is a long shot that anyone will read this, let alone something become of it. However, the idea should be put out there. I believe Veridian III would get a lot of visitors, many more than previous memorials. This suggestion does not purport that cryptic will make money from this addition, but I am sure the Star Trek Online could mold it into something that that does.

Just a suggestion from a fellow player and die-hard Star Trek fan,

arkangel11004

(Star Trek not including JJTrek, that is)
Post edited by arkangel11004 on

Comments

• Options
    wolvenshirewolvenshire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This has been mentioned before I believe......

With that said, in my opinion Star Fleet would of went to Veridian III and salvaged the Primary Hull. Remember they said it has a....I think it was an Industrial Civilization on Veridian IV, remember the Prime Directive and all with pre-warp civilizations. So just in case the population of planet IV ever landed on V III, I think all evidence of the Primary hull and Kirk's tomb would of been removed.
    I think they would have taken Kirk home.

This is just all my opinion though.
    @EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
    [
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited November 2014

What is the point to linking these threads? Neither of them are ongoing discussions and posting in them would constitute a necro thread. The OP actually did it right this time so lets not bust his **** for it.

To the OP, I agree with wolvenshire. I do not think that Starfleet would leave the saucer section on the planet for a prewarp civilization to find. Same with Kirk's body. I do like the idea but, I just don't see it happening.
  • Options
    arkangel11004arkangel11004 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    To the OP, I agree with wolvenshire. I do not think that Starfleet would leave the saucer section on the planet for a prewarp civilization to find. Same with Kirk's body. I do like the idea but, I just don't see it happening.

That does make a whole lot of sense, and I had the same thought about the Veridian IV culture right after I posted. Aside from story concerns, I do not think Cryptic could make use of it. The "Romulus" and "Wolf 359" memorials, are simple space maps, with debris put in them. And about Wolf 359, there are too many ships there. Only 39 were reported to have been there, and there were constitution debris ships. I highly doubt that they would have been there. Veridian though, would have to be a much higher quality map, and would not give them a return(wouldn't be used as a mission or a social zone). Unless of course they did some Nexus time travel mission set there, which would be cheesy. No I don't believe we'll actually see it, just a thought I had.
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unless of course they did some Nexus time travel mission set there, which would be cheesy. No I don't believe we'll actually see it, just a thought I had.

Yes... it's not as though the Nexus is scheduled to re-enter Federation space in 2410... oh wait, it is.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nexus mission would be cool u get stuck in it n time travel to ent D before its blown up and have to save spot for data to find later :rolleyes:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Kirk's body? Ummm.... yeah, Borg got that years ago so not there now. :D
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As I have yet to find a suggestions forum, I will instead post this here.

I suggest the addition of Veridian III to Star Trek Online. This would be a memorial system, similar to Romulus and Wolf 359. In this case however, you would be able to beam down to the planet. James Kirk's rock tomb should be visitable as well as the Saucer Section of the Enterprise-D. I realize that it is a long shot that anyone will read this, let alone something become of it. However, the idea should be put out there. I believe Veridian III would get a lot of visitors, many more than previous memorials. This suggestion does not purport that cryptic will make money from this addition, but I am sure the Star Trek Online could mold it into something that that does.

Just a suggestion from a fellow player and die-hard Star Trek fan,

arkangel11004

(Star Trek not including JJTrek, that is)

problem here is that the star didnt go nova, and the only fatalities was the enterprise d and kirk and from the looks of the places kirk and picard were from that crashed saucer section, it could be the other side of the planet, meaning two different maps, and such.

i cant see the point in v3 coming to sto.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    If set in the Delta Quadrant (presumably passes though there too, and would fit the current game focus) could have the ribbon pass through a planet there.

The ribbon is either in or at least approaching Federation space.

I would point out however that given the stardate of Generations, the Nexus' travel cycle and the length of time it took to move the game forward from 2409 to 2410, the next Veridian III passing should happen in January 2017 player time. So they've certainly not got anything to rush over.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashrod63 wrote: »
    Yes... it's not as though the Nexus is scheduled to re-enter Federation space in 2410... oh wait, it is.

Remember that was stated before armagosa changed its course. So it may not have that same cycle now.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why are people obsessed with this wreck? :confused:

While we're at it let's also add a memorial where the Genesis planet was in an honor of the first Enterprise. Let's drop another at Chal where the Enterprise-A was destroyed. The Enterprise-B, supposedly, is still floating around in space after being abandoned. There's probably one at Narendra III for the Enterprise-C. The Enterprise-E, according to an STO short story, was destroyed at Starbase 236 by the Undine. Better turn that into a memorial too. :P