test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Precision Strike Unit - Ground STF's? Read inside.

jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Earth Spacedock
Precision Strike Unit, the premise:

It's quite common for people to look for like-minded individuals, in pursuit of wanting to share common goals and aspirations in the game. This has been on my mind quite a lot recently, after pugging a lot of ground STF's. It's clear, that for people to improve in those missions, to gain reasonable success rate, the team-work is needed. But, it's often overlooked by people pugging, both because everyone thinks 'nobody will listen', or worse, they are like 'I know it all, not following' kind of people.

As such, I've come to conclusion, that I would like to gather like-minded people, who enjoy ground-STF's, under the banner of Precision Strike Unit. I'm not looking to make us the biggest fleet; as for me, the cohesion, teamwork and friendliness is far more important than having 40 people online at the same time, who never run STF's together, never talk together, never improve together. For me, being part of any team was more than sharing the same "gamertag", and this mindset applies here, in STO as well.

Current state of the fleet:

Let it be clear - our fleet once thrived with activity, but there was a huge fallout in past, leading to several people being removed and/or leaving, leading to current rather dormant state, where I am one of the last few active members. However, resources and time were invested into the fleet, as well as the fleet's founder's absence is caused by serious health issues I will not go into; and he shared the same vision as I do; to gather like-minded people into the fleet, to share fun and work together, which prompts me to continue that vision of his, during his absence.

Fleet Facilities:

We are not a new fleet; in fact, we have completed Spire, Dilithium Mines and Embassy. Our Starbase is level 4, with complete Shipyard, and working towards Starbase level 5, so if you'd be also looking for fleet facilities & benefits, we can offer those too, at reasonable level.

What I look for in the potential members:

Be friendly. Have fun with the game. I know saying that may sound a bit odd, but I've seen too many people looking for an "easy way", rather than enjoy the journey, in this instance, playing the game. I don't mind if you are newer, unexperienced player. But, I don't want people whose "cup is full", who are not open to exploring their possibilities, and who mindlessly follow the herd, just because "everyone else does this". Skill can be taught, attitude, character and approach usually can't be changed.

One shining example of "following the herd" & what I mean is - STF Infected: Manus can be completed by several ways. One way is the "easy, risk free way" (or so they claim :D), using the glitch called "Trigger lines" & sniping, before they go in & rescue Starfleet personnel. Quite boring & frankly, least efficient too, as it takes even longer... but that's currently thought to be the "norm" by vast majority of puggers...

Other way is the teamwork & cooperation, leading to more fruitful & more subtential, fun victory. Those, who'd rather look for easy way, rather than looking for alternatives & methods, which work for them, need not apply. It may sound harsh, but again, my goal with this particular, ground-oriented recruitment thread, is to build a smaller group, which will run those STF's for the sake of fun & on regular basis, without the upsets of the pugging, which suffers from AFK'ers, leavers, griefers... and people unwilling to invest a dime of their time to learn the STF's.

There's a fact, that while Kithomer Ground can be pugged easily, as 2 competent people can carry the group, but, I've wanted to fully run the other STF's too; and those who are familiar with pugging know, how poorly that can go...

TL;DR is - If you are a fun-loving, willing to learn & improve with me, you are very welcome to apply. I am reitrating, that knowledge and skill can be expanded, and that's what the fleet is for.

NOTE: While this particular recruiting run is aimed at something I've strived to do for quite a while, that being ground STF's, we will not turn away lovely Space dwellers, as there are currently more people interested in Space in our fleet than ground, and as such, we will run space queues with you as well, if so desired.

If this wall of text caught your interest & you'd like to join me on my mission to gather a ground-focused squad, please message me ingame Jan Darkrider@jodarkrider
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
"bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
"Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider