test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please STOP XP NERF leveling and revert back to 10/22?

crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,804 Arc User
Good progress but why nobody is talking about the BIG elephant in the room?

XP leveling is still a virtual crawl. Good to see more DEVS are becoming INVOLVED but does it mean we XP leveling is NOT being fixed?

IMO this is one of the main factors why players left STO together with the specialization fiasco. Still punishing ALL for the small crimes of the minority?
DUwNP.gif

Post edited by crusader2007 on

Comments

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Devs have mentioned that they will continue to examine rewards in game. This includes XP/Skill points.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    With out fixing or buffing this, DR will still be TRIBBLE.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Devs have mentioned that they will continue to examine rewards in game. This includes XP/Skill points.

which of the big elephants in the room ? :rolleyes:

1 - let me see ... Less XP gain .... check

2 - you get to lvl 60 but no more skill points applied (can't even get to 100k ground + 300k space) ... oh ... you get some "specialization points" which is kinda like more reputation skills ... !?
    but they had reduced the amount of active reputation skill slots from 4 per reputation to 4 max ...

3 - you have another reputation chain (Delta Reputation) making it a total of 6, but you can only have 4 slots for ground and space ...

4 - and of course, you have to raise all stuff from MK XII to MK XIV ... on all alts ... bridge officers and ships ... with huge dilithium sinks .

oh yes ... and still the old bugs ... more and more ...
    5 - Since season 8, you press "E" to accelerate, wile having the map open and zooms the map, instead of accelerating the ship, which is hindering my game, because having the map open, helps on missions or STF's like the mirror event, to see where's the next circle with the open rift

seems we just got stampede by a hole group of elephants ...

Yea ... not really excited about Delta Rising ...
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nazelnag wrote: »

Like I stated, they mentioned that this is one that they are working on.

2 - you get to lvl 60 but no more skill points applied (can't even get to 100k ground + 300k space) ... oh ... you get some "specialization points" which is kinda like more reputation skills ... !?
    but they had reduced the amount of active reputation skill slots from 4 per reputation to 4 max ...

They designed the specialization system to replace the skill system from level 50 onward.

Speaking of, specializations are different from Reputation traits. The specializations are essentially like the way the reputation traits used to be passive abilities that were already active once you chose one. The difference here is you don't make any mistakes. You can grab them all if you so need.
    3 - you have another reputation chain (Delta Reputation) making it a total of 6, but you can only have 4 slots for ground and space ...

If you remember, we can choose traits at anytime now.
    4 - and of course, you have to raise all stuff from MK XII to MK XIV ... on all alts ... bridge officers and ships ... with huge dilithium sinks .

This is the only real downside to the game I see right now, but you don't have to raise it if you don't want to.

5 - Since season 8, you press "E" to accelerate, wile having the map open and zooms the map, instead of accelerating the ship, which is hindering my game, because having the map open, helps on missions or STF's like the mirror event, to see where's the next circle with the open rift

Never knew about this bug, but then again, I open my map after I have accelerated, so it has never been a big deal for me.

The Devs have been clearly watching things and understand everybody's frustrations with the game. It takes times for them to see what player's reactions are. This is why changes don't happen overnight.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    maxprangemaxprange Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    WARNING: TEXT WALL AHEAD PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Let me explain to you why they nerfed it.

Its quite simple:

Japori let people level fast, too fast.

8 hours you could level from 50-60, which is approximately the same XP as one character from 1-50 and another from 1-30

This didn't work with their plan to slowly think of new bugs, i mean content, to add to the game which would require 3-5 months to do, in which time about 25% of the current ones will be "fixed".

But its ok, its not like I was planing on leveling my eng that has about 2 bilion ec worth of ship anyways. Not my fault a PvP healer gets about 50 damage per minute yah this will be a great character to level.

I also guess im supposed to enjoy repeating the same missions over and over again over 9 chars. I just totaly love the dialogs that I dont just mash f to get through, no I totaly play the game to level not to do what I want shich is to blow people up in pvp, a very hard job since a lot of the people who cue regularly dont go to 60 because a) they dont have a unlimited time to level and b) frankly theres no point to just go in and get insta killed by players like me abusing the bugs that are never fixed.

So yes they HAD a reason to make japori and other things useless, should they have no. But its their game to "fix" and its their players who will leave when leveling becomes the main point of the game over enjoying what you are doing.

"This is the most successful season", yes this is the most successful season if you are judging it on how many bugs, nerfs, and angry players you can get at once. Yes id say that is a success if you are judging my those standards.

Each patch, something has been nerfed or removed, and each patch ive noticed the amount of people in my friendslist who are on at one time go down by a significant amount. I see those who have tons of time get to 60, others stay at 50 or even quit because they just dont have time.

If the new marketing strategy is to eliminate those who wont P2W or play for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week leveling then I must say, 100% best season ever, otherwise, Cryptic, I emplore you to please look at whats going on. Players are leaving, the PvP communitie has become very small and we do have to get the new and best stuff, AKA SPENDMONEY, to stay up, and when we stop, well there's 100 or so people who aren't gonna buy the next pack ($12,500).

Stop or continue its your game just please make sure you are making the right choice.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wait i thought this was Nerf Bats Online :eek:
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think they should had a queued mission, I don't know, call it Mirror Universe Incursion for example. Just a thought. And make it an hourly event, with bonus XP, and a lot of ships. Something easy with lots of XP (and otherwise bad reward).

Oh wait, they did that before but they removed it, right ? Oh well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    omg, i remember the hourly events, those where great, R.I.P. Hourlys :(
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The only way I was able to reach 60 in the first fortnight was through the assignments, selective ones and Starbase 24...which they've now removed.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the "exploit" they fixed are okay, but I'll never really agree with the skill points required for levelling from 50 to 60 are fine. Maybe make it longer than it used to be, but trying to expand your story content's life artificially like that... I am not convinced it will really help in the long run.

But maybe I am wrong. Time to look at the Steam Charts again, I suppose.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I think the "exploit" they fixed are okay, but I'll never really agree with the skill points required for levelling from 50 to 60 are fine. Maybe make it longer than it used to be, but trying to expand your story content's life artificially like that... I am not convinced it will really help in the long run.

But maybe I am wrong. Time to look at the Steam Charts again, I suppose.

No fix in sight: http://steamcharts.com/app/9900#All

Well done MR EP...enjoy your dictatorship rule while it lasts...at the costs of ALL of those who left STO already. Way to give a free pass to the exploiters but made it so much harder to level up for the rest of the gaming community.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    edited November 2014
    nazelnag wrote: »

If those were elephants back in 10/22 nerfing

What in the world are we going to call the NERF 2.0 of 11/20

Guess Cryptic couldn't get its hands away from NERFING this to death....like a kid being let loose on a candy store or flies circling a pile of TRIBBLE.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Heh, those who got their XP and spec points the first hour after after DR launched got to keep them. The rest of us will spend years trying to get ours.

cryptic loves us.
    TY, may we have another ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
This discussion has been closed.