test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What you have done

124»

Comments

• tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Where's Captain Ahab when you need him most, so much rich pickings to be had... :o
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nicha0 wrote: »
    I haven't spent any money is over 2 years here, the game has been going in the wrong direction that long.. can they turn it around? No way. Just look at all the whales in this thread, shame on them for supporting the disgusting actions of cryptic.

I haven't spent any money because they game is a money grab, I'm against that. I make more than enough money to become a whale if I wanted, but its not intelligent or responsible.

Sad part is that for all the whales that just got harpooned, more will take their place.

The even sader part, when PWE took over, it was known their game model burned out games in 4-5 years, then the get put on life support. Judging by Stahl's jump ship and new project, this game is on the path to life support, the new missions are really poorly made, the quality of what we got is terrible, and no investment into game client has been made in a long time. So as the bugs pile to toppling levels, do you really think cryptic cares? They aren't here to make the game fun or enjoyable, because they've never tried to do that.

Nice analogy...where's moby **** when you need it. Cryptic is as blind as Captain Ahab and don't see the repercusion of the silent players who ALREADY left STO :mad:
    DUwNP.gif

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Are they truly silent, or actively warning people on venues other than the forum not to join the game? Definitely a factor Cryptic should worry about. On average a dissatisfied customer tells a HUGE number of people about their experience and it takes at least 10 happy customers to at least break even with that. And that may be a generous figure, as when I learned that in school, so owl media was nowhere near the force that it is now.

In other words, especially with the outlay I suspect Cryptic had to make (lots of voice and likeness rights in addition to normal development costs), this could have a real, devastating impact on Cryptic's ability to recoup its investment if things do not change in a sustained manner for the better.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can't decide which is most laughable, crafting or upgrading

On one hand crafting has the missing promised modifiers, but then upgrading costs millions of dil - per character

They also wanted crafting to be crafting; to deconstruct items for materials, so it was released entirely unfinished but upgrading kills modifers and there are items not working

You could probably build 11x t5 starbases for the dil cost of upgrading 2 rear weapons but then crafting time-gates are like 8 months.

Both are un-finished, copy-paste recycled content dil lottery sink timegates so it's really hard to decide
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What happens if they have another expansion similar to LoR in a year, but adding a Cardassian faction?

After LoR, people made new characters, leveled them up, bought them stuff- in many cases a lot of nice stuff.

A fourth faction (or "faction") now, though? A new character is all the work it was before, then all that work doubled by 50-60 leveling, then all that work doubled *again* via the upgrade system, and after all that work you're still at an instant and huge disadvantage thanks to the specialization system. A disadvantage that can never be made up :/

Somehow I do not see long-term success in these systems.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What happens if they have another expansion similar to LoR in a year, but adding a Cardassian faction?

After LoR, people made new characters, leveled them up, bought them stuff- in many cases a lot of nice stuff.

A fourth faction (or "faction") now, though? A new character is all the work it was before, then all that work doubled by 50-60 leveling, then all that work doubled *again* via the upgrade system, and after all that work you're still at an instant and huge disadvantage thanks to the specialization system. A disadvantage that can never be made up :/

Somehow I do not see long-term success in these systems.

You bring up a good point. DR has pretty much killed alts (at least, for anything other than doffing). No one but the super-rich can afford to upgrade their alts the way they did their mains. Peeps are not going to be so keen any more rolling an entire new, fully decked out toon.

Greed comes before a fall.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, sadly unless there are major adjustments I cannot see a workable new faction at this point.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.