test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sigh, what is Cryptic's fascination with uniforms?

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
Specifically, their fascination with preventing anyone from any species from wearing anything other than what they want you to wear.

My KDF-Rom had all of his crew wearing identical custom versions of the Rom Republic KDF uniform. All black, with dark red trim. Looks pretty dapper, IMHO. His BOff crew had one Klink on it, and he was also wearing the ship uniform. I logged in this weekend and now this Klink has reverted to wearing his pointy leather space-barbarian armor, and I can't change him back! I'm >< this close to tossing him out the nearest airlock...

Bad enough that they feel they have to restrict our choices (and yes, I understand they don't want ESD filled with ensigns in Orion bikinis) but to go back and change my crewman?
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Anyone else have any uniforms redacted like this?
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That would be annoying. You could always get a Rom-Alien BOff and give him your Klingon's name and appearance, couldn't you?
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That would be annoying. You could always get a Rom-Alien BOff and give him your Klingon's name and appearance, couldn't you?

I know that the Rom faction has playable Aliens but i dont think they have Alien Rom boffs do they? any alien is either a straight fed or kdf. AFAIK they will end up sharing the same uniform options as their hosts. The Rom allegience uniforms are only available to the player if they are a Rom/Reman and if the boff is a Rom/Reman. As a Rom any alien boffs you may get awarded are flagged the same as a human/vulcan/bajoran or klingon/orion/gorn/etc.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    He is KLINGON

how DARE you dishonor him with your 'dapper-ness'?
    He will kill that Romulan petaQ and take over command of his ship!
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rimmarie wrote: »
    He is KLINGON

how DARE you dishonor him with your 'dapper-ness'?
    He will kill that Romulan petaQ and take over command of his ship!
    Actually, it looked reasonably decent on him - I was shocked. But considering it was merely an experiment, I guess I'll just toss him out. Too bad there's no 'Execute mutineers' mission for Boffs. ;)

Both of my Roms dump any klivam that shows up (along with Nauseatingcanns and Letheans) although with doffs it is hard to keep them out, they turn up in the oddest places. Not really sure why I kept this one as long as I did, I just don't like the uniform choice being removed for me.
    --Red Annorax