test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hot bar resetting after each zoning please help

zuse1970zuse1970 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Guys there has got to be a fix. A log or prefrence file I can delete or something.

I setup all my skills in my skills bar.

I zone.

It resets and is all screwed up.

This is making the game completely unplayable since it takes a min or two every time I enter a pve que or zone.

Please someone has got to have a fix for this. If I cant find one I wont be able to stay with the game no matter how much I like it.

I've tried changing ships taking all my crew off the old one take it out into space. put all the crew and equipment back on the ship log out log back in that didn't help.

I tried doing the same thing in sector space and in the earth space dock space. Tried the same while docked.

Anyway I cant be the only one with this issue.

The next step I thought was maybe delete the entire game and reload it. But there has to be an easier fix.
Post edited by zuse1970 on

Comments

• ermanameermaname Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is supposed to be a fix where you setup, save a loadout, log out and back in agian, remove an item, reload the loadout and then go with it, not sure if it still works but worked for me a few months ago and only had the problem when I added new skils and changed build and had to redo it.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I fixed this for myself through a workaround.

I have 2 hotbars, 1 and 2. They always reset. So I scrolled through my hotbars until I found a pair of empty ones. Lets say 6 and 7 (arbitrary). So I now have my hotbars set to 6 and 7, then I open my powers list and drag them in "fresh", as opposed to moving them from the broken bars.

This has worked 100% of the time for me.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    The workaround isn't working for everyone (it's not as simple as you'd guess), and there's an established thread about his in the Bugs subforum.

In future look to the bugs subforum and post issues there.

It is being reviewed and actively being worked on. Many people are participating in tracking down why it happens with more than 70 players providing specific image feedback.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Game Menu, or hit Esc, and select Options, bottom left, Reset To Defaults/Reset Basic Options to Defaults, Select Apply, and set up your skills again, had to do this myself, it fixed the issue.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    Game Menu, or hit Esc, and select Options, bottom left, Reset To Defaults/Reset Basic Options to Defaults, Select Apply, and set up your skills again, had to do this myself, it fixed the issue.

Nope. (Edit: tried just in case it did work) There's something else creating the problem, and this fix doesn't solve this issue. Check the bugs forum for proper advice.

There's 36 pages of people with the same problem. They're working onit.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ermaname wrote: »
    There is supposed to be a fix where you setup, save a loadout, log out and back in agian, remove an item, reload the loadout and then go with it, not sure if it still works but worked for me a few months ago and only had the problem when I added new skils and changed build and had to redo it.

This is the answer for now.

Set everything up, equippment, boffs, powers, save it to a loadout. Then, remove an item, switch it, then put everything back the way you want it, save it to the 2nd loadout so both are identical. This is the only way I've been able to find a "quick fix" for this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this is something else then, the one i just posted was what i had to do, then this is another animal all together. sorry it didn't help you :(

Also i locked my power tray as well, forgot to mention that ...

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 190 seconds.
    138 seconds. ...
    93 seconds....zzzzz
    33 zzzzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzz..........

Yay! finally! :D lol

Edit: less the 30 seconds ago it just happened when transwarping to Qo'nos, going from J-Sphere to space and back in was alright, also doing STFs, until transwarping to Qo'nos, this is one messed up bug :S

i'll continue to see and hit up the bug report threads, this has gotta be squished :(
    eywdK7c.jpg