test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How about RESTORING XP leveling?

crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,804 Arc User
For the record I did not use any exploit nor hope to be perceived as part of those who used these forums to whine about specialization points.

IMO those who took advantage of the XP loophole did not suffer major consequences, but those of us who DIDN'T take advantage of it are still being hammered by the ridiculous XP earning rates?

This is not FAIR. Not taking any sides with the exploiting issue but those who were not involved were punished ANYWAY and that is my point.

This sends a HORRIBLE message to the playerbase....a minority dont get punished but the majority will PAY dearly no matter what. Either rescind completely or DON'T for anyone. Adjust the maps, zones, missions to avoid exploits but why NERFing XP leveling indiscriminately.

If you want to slow down progress past level 60 there are other ideas to do that (perhaps in a similar fashion of how R&D was slowed by the school addition) or a slower reputation system of some sort.

Don't take it on the players but instead COME up with better solutions so the game is not exploitable.
DUwNP.gif

Post edited by crusader2007 on

Comments

• Options
    starwolf314starwolf314 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    XP nerf was not caused by exploitative behavior. If there had been no bugs, and no accompanying exploitative behavior, there would still have been skill point nerfing. It is a trend, not only here, but in many online games. I do not agree with this, as I strongly liked the more casual alt-friendly levelling that this game had before. It is a technique used to try to keep players playing the game, and, theoretically, make the company more money. I would prefer fun, engaging content to achieve this objective, rather than tedious Skinner box grinding, but you know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWtvrPTbQ_c

I strongly suspect that the exp nerf and grind is not likely to go away. I would run with that assumption when deciding whether or not to keep playing the game, or maybe just taking a break. I will probably take a break soon and come back after a while. Partially because I have been somewhat conditioned to like those little Skinner box rewards, but also because I do honestly enjoy Star Trek, and there are many good elements to the game. Also, because I am an LTS and I have sunk so much, time, money, and effort into all my characters, I feel like I should get some use out of them, heh (sunk costs dilemma, yes, yes, I know.)
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    XP nerf was not caused by exploitative behavior. If there had been no bugs, and no accompanying exploitative behavior, there would still have been skill point nerfing. It is a trend, not only here, but in many online games. I do not agree with this, as I strongly liked the more casual alt-friendly levelling that this game had before. It is a technique used to try to keep players playing the game, and, theoretically, make the company more money. I would prefer fun, engaging content to achieve this objective, rather than tedious Skinner box grinding, but you know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWtvrPTbQ_c

I strongly suspect that the exp nerf and grind is not likely to go away. I would run with that assumption when deciding whether or not to keep playing the game, or maybe just taking a break. I will probably take a break soon and come back after a while. Partially because I have been somewhat conditioned to like those little Skinner box rewards, but also because I do honestly enjoy Star Trek, and there are many good elements to the game. Also, because I am an LTS and I have sunk so much, time, money, and effort into all my characters, I feel like I should get some use out of them, heh (sunk costs dilemma, yes, yes, I know.)

If the rate at which people were leveling was not okay before the "exploit" was discovered Cryptic could have patched it before the incident occurred.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic patched XP rates because they didn't like people leveling up fast, period. Even though the content was apparently perfect and working till DR....
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »
    If the rate at which people were leveling was not okay before the "exploit" was discovered Cryptic could have patched it before the incident occurred.

And yet by doing it the way they've done it, now you're just going to have the people who are effectively level 100 already complaining 'its too easy,' and the people who are going to have to do weeks or months of grind to get there. I don't think they could have botched this much worse.
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited November 2014
    What they did was a witch hunt because they failed to patch up loose ends (reported loose ends in fact) before release.

"Hey, how about I do this mission you guys gave us long ago, the one that rewards bonus XP still?" "AAAA! You are leveling too fast! AAAA! Exploit, exploit!"
    "Hey, how about I do some new episodes? They averaged one level an episode..." "AAAA! Too fast! Too fast! Nerf it!"
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    low XP is the path of the dark side, higher XP there must be, the dark side leads to anger, anger leads to, stuff lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    rustychatrustychat Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Playing missions on Elite at least felt like they were somewhat rewarding, and you could at least almost play most of the DR missions one after another rather than having to run off and grind away somewhere.

Now it's back to Elite being completely useless. The experience rewards are miniscule compared to the amount of time invested. The 'increased drop rate' on the higher end rewards isn't even noticeable, again especially compared to the time invested, and you take injuries on top of it (which isn't really that big of a deal). There's literally no reason to play missions on elite, you spend more time, get less experience, get less loot, and still get to grind elsewhere even more.

I don't want the team up with lower levels for experience thing, I just want rewards to mirror the time invested. The previous levels felt decent, at least up to With Friends Like These. After that mission, things seem to get considerably more tankier, but rewards stay roughly the same.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Already leveled up before the XP went TRIBBLE so technically I shouldnt care, but then I remembered what if I want to make a new toon sometime? I'm not going to bother leveling it for 1,5 years. GG Craptic.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2014

If you want to slow down progress past level 60 there are other ideas to do that (perhaps in a similar fashion of how R&D was slowed by the school addition) or a slower reputation system of some sort.

Don't take it on the players but instead COME up with better solutions so the game is not exploitable.

I have no issues with the game awarding 1xp for everything past level 60, as I only care that they nerfed xp from levels 50-60. This should be restored to a more appropriate rate to at least have a semblance of being alt-friendly.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »

agree
    The 3k XP boost from the c-store was also an exploit do they had to kill it too.

We'll got nothing and like it. be thankful they don't slap an exploiter label on you for making less dilith than you can.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For the record I did not use any exploit nor hope to be perceived as part of those who used these forums to whine about specialization points.

IMO those who took advantage of the XP loophole did not suffer major consequences, but those of us who DIDN'T take advantage of it are still being hammered by the ridiculous XP earning rates?

This is not FAIR. Not taking any sides with the exploiting issue but those who were not involved were punished ANYWAY and that is my point.

This sends a HORRIBLE message to the playerbase....a minority dont get punished but the majority will PAY dearly no matter what. Either rescind completely or DON'T for anyone. Adjust the maps, zones, missions to avoid exploits but why NERFing XP leveling indiscriminately.

In the Army our drill sergeants always made sure we knew who was the cause of our punishment. Seems ap pro pro here.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    I would prefer fun, engaging content to achieve this objective, rather than tedious Skinner box grinding, but you know...

Brovo, Sir, Brovo. I am glad to see other people watch great youtube videos.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg