test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrades and other upgrades - questions for those doing it

ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Academy
I have two upgrade related questions.

I've been upgrading one alt's equipment at each level, so have a rough idea what's going on.

Last night, my wife tried to upgrade her Aegis impulse engine (pre S9.5). When she put it in the upgrade window, it changed to Mk XII. She then applied each of the 3 superior engineering upgrades given away in the even to it, using two of the tech accelerator things given. The first two (with tech accelerators) granted 40% of the required TP each. The third (without), granted the last 20%.

Now the thing has 64,000/64,000 Tech Points (listed as 100% for Mk XIII). The upgrade button is still greyed out for her. We're both a little confused as to why. Do we need to apply 1 more to "bring it over the top", or is the ugprade bugged? (If so, would have been nice to not allow the upgrade option on the inventory item - I believe it was NOT allowed pre-DR on the old Aegis sets).

Secondly, upgrading ships.

I have the Galaxy Bundle. On my main, I have a Fleet Gal-X. I've read that the upgrade tokens are account unlocks. So how would I go about unlocking "all" Gal-Xs. Do I claim a new Gal-X and upgrade it, and my Fleet one is automatically upgraded? If I upgrade my Fleet Gal-X, will regular Gal-Xs claimed later on my alts upgrade? Or are the CStore ships and Fleet ships counted completely seperately? (IE two upgrade tokens required).

If anyone can point me in the right direction for either of these things, thanks!
Post edited by ralphgraphite on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the ship upgrade info! I hadn't gotten around to upgrading any of my C Store stuff yet, but will be soon.

Now I'll just hope that someone out there has upgraded the old Aegis set and has some guidance for me!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the ship upgrade info! I hadn't gotten around to upgrading any of my C Store stuff yet, but will be soon.

Now I'll just hope that someone out there has upgraded the old Aegis set and has some guidance for me!
    It sounds bugged, mine upgraded fine when I did the same steps as you/your wife. I'd try to apply another upgrade kit if you can (the poi ts will not be wastexd they reduce the cost for the next step) and if not, then request gm help.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It sounds bugged, mine upgraded fine when I did the same steps as you/your wife. I'd try to apply another upgrade kit if you can (the poi ts will not be wastexd they reduce the cost for the next step) and if not, then request gm help.

Thanks for the reply - I'll have her give it a try. If not, GM help will probably be the way to go. In my experience, I've only ever gotten form letters to try asking in the forums, but we'll try to follow it through and go the bug report chain if necessary.