test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is STO dead in the water?

tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Since DR, I've barely played. I log in once a day, queue up some projects, and log off. I haven't touched three out of my four total alts. I've noticed many of the maps have extremely low instances (Just a few minutes ago DQ Command had 3, one of which had 2 people.)

So I've gotta ask-is STO dead in the water? How many people are playing at the same rate they were before the expansion?
Post edited by tcostik on

Comments

• fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No.

Just a small number of players, yourself included, don't like the changes. You're entitled to not like them too.

Plenty of players though either don't mind them, or even like them. More in fact than those who don't. STO is fine, with a LOT of players still in the game. Popular areas still lag as they're so full....;)

Enjoy your break. I hope that one day you will return, and maybe enjoy STO again.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    DR has thus far sextupled the time I normally spend on STO. It'll probably drop a bit now that my main is done the storyline.

DQ Command isn't that convenient. Same services as Dyson Joint Command, one more loading screen.

Transwarp to Delta Quadrant -> Enter Sphere -> Beam Aboard
    vs
    Transwarp to Allied Sphere Space -> Beam Aboard

Plus Allied Sphere Space is full of assignments that reward R&D materials, especially relevant with the Upgrade system active (which also made me spend more time in STO). Once the novelty wears off, I expect even less people in DQ Command.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    no their are more ppl playing more than ever this Xpack is more successful than LOR :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've been using Kobali Prime in lieu of DQ Command to do banking, mail, exchange, vendoring, etc.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    No.

Just a small number of players, yourself included, don't like the changes. You're entitled to not like them too.

Plenty of players though either don't mind them, or even like them. More in fact than those who don't. STO is fine, with a LOT of players still in the game. Popular areas still lag as they're so full....;)

Lag doesnt necessarily say its full, and neither does it say something about the activity of the players. I would say most players are dissatisfied with DR than the other way around.

Saying this was more succesful than LoR is just as deluded someone who proclaimed final victory in a bunker in berlin while the enemy was on the doorstep.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dead in the water? Don't be ridiculous! This is the most successful expansion ever!

*takes check from PWE and leaves*
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've been playing about the same rate. I haven't touched anything new yet, and likely won't for a while. The Dyson content was in game for months until I decided to play it myself.

I've also seen lots of players around as well. Qo'nos, Drozdana and DS9 all looked pretty busy with a mixture of veteran and levelling captains.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not dead but at its peak. This game is going to start falling. They are milking it for all they can get now. You have all these new space mmo's coming out and they know players will leave for them. All you had was this game and Eve online. Thats about to change. This game hit its finally peak. And the players eyes are opening finally about the greed of PWE/Cryptic. Its hard being a Star Trek fan and only have this one game to turn too. You can bet that fit in as to why PWE bought Cryptic. Its a world famous ip and they got it. If anyone knows how PWE runs their games then all thats going on here should not be a surprise. If enough players leave maybe things will change but thats happened to other PWE games and nothings changed for them. For me the sad part is player complaining about the greed and still spending insane amounts of money in the c store. Closing your wallet will make them notice.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    K... by virtue of title and tone, this is basically a "doom" thread, which is subject to closure.

Read the F.C.T. here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1162461

I'm closing this thread down with my trusty [Pulsewave Forum Phaser Mk XIX [+Mod X2][-Flames][-Rant]].

"ZAP!"
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.