test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, with spec points...

shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
...being along with changes to the rate of XP gain a focus of the current hue and cry, I found myself wondering: is part of the problem just how the system is introduced? From what I've read to date, it sounds like specializations are intended to be skill trees that are home to the variety of things that don't fit into the career tracks' (sci, tac, eng) skill rosters, and that's good. If the idea is that you're accruing them from the word 'go', then perhaps what they should have done was give each character the amount of points they would have earned at level 50 - taking into account things like at what level the system would've been introduced to players, and what the accrual rate would be - to disburse as they see fit; of course, you've got to work for the next ten levels' worth.

Logically, when a new specialization is added to the roster, it would come with a free respec only available if you don't invest any points which you might have available (Grinding Gear Games does this when they make major changes to Path of Exile's passive skill tree).