test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please consider returning Alpha/Beta Quadrant Patrol Wrappers

ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
Since the DR patrols do not provide enough XP, even on Elite mode to level up a character to 60, I'd like to provide feedback requesting that mission patrol wrappers (similar to the DR wrappers) be added back into the game for older system patrols. Many newer players may not even know these exist, other than if they had accidentally dropped into one.

While the older patrols vary in quality, I have been using them to level up a new alt since before the XP event last month, and some of them are OK. Story-quality wise, they aren't much worse than the patrol in DR - jump into a system, kill 5 mobs, and you're on your way. Some of them even have interesting stories to them.

Perhaps if the wrappers are returned, they could be given a modest reward (equipment or XP) for completing all the patrols in a sector.

The XP grind has proven one thing - DR leaves us starved for XP and content to level - just to keep playing the story. I personally have no problem doing it - but it would be good to organize players' options. Patrols shouldn't be mandatory, but there's no reason why the NPCs that used to give them out can advertise them as options.

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since the DR patrols do not provide enough XP, even on Elite mode to level up a character to 60, I'd like to provide feedback requesting that mission patrol wrappers (similar to the DR wrappers) be added back into the game for older system patrols. Many newer players may not even know these exist, other than if they had accidentally dropped into one.

While the older patrols vary in quality, I have been using them to level up a new alt since before the XP event last month, and some of them are OK. Story-quality wise, they aren't much worse than the patrol in DR - jump into a system, kill 5 mobs, and you're on your way. Some of them even have interesting stories to them.

Perhaps if the wrappers are returned, they could be given a modest reward (equipment or XP) for completing all the patrols in a sector.

The XP grind has proven one thing - DR leaves us starved for XP and content to level - just to keep playing the story. I personally have no problem doing it - but it would be good to organize players' options. Patrols shouldn't be mandatory, but there's no reason why the NPCs that used to give them out can advertise them as options.

Feedback....to cryptic.?

either your drunk or didnt get the memo that cryptic doesnt give the slightest damn about us the players feedbacks.
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feedback....to cryptic.?

either your drunk or didnt get the memo that cryptic doesnt give the slightest damn about us the players feedbacks.

Not drunk...yet.

Agreed that this will likely go no where, especially based on recent controversies.

Or better yet get some sort of canned response that the older patrols are somehow "worse" than the new ones that are almost identical - which I would find confusing. :confused:

I choose to still hope though. I complain plenty in other threads - figured I'd give something constructive (which was prompted by another thread where someone was asking about patrols).
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not drunk...yet.

Agreed that this will likely go no where, especially based on recent controversies.

Or better yet get some sort of canned response that the older patrols are somehow "worse" than the new ones that are almost identical - which I would find confusing. :confused:

I choose to still hope though. I complain plenty in other threads - figured I'd give something constructive (which was prompted by another thread where someone was asking about patrols).

I think alot of players even myself are confused with the logic behind DR